Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9200 Tamper Problem

Guest Scooby

Hello

I have a scantronic 9200, and i opened up the main control pannel door and it set the tamper switch to be activated, ever since then the Tamper light has been on my key pad control and the alarm wont work. Any ideas how to fix it or reset it?

Thanks

If you've got user reset set up, you should be able to clear tamper by entering user code, but you my have engineer reset, if fault not clearing

Chubb Service Engineer

if you activated the tamper whilst alarm was "off" the i think it will just require an customer reset. make sure that the tamper switch on the cover is making contact - an easy way to check is to open the cover again and see if the alarm actvates again - if it does'nt then the spring was'nt catching.

i would,nt advise doing much more than that. we are trained to know what to touch and what not to.

DON,T start putting your fingers into the box.

if in doubt contact your alarm installer for advice

BK

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Thought is was the fuse box

40502[/snapback]

I would probably have chosen not to share that!! :lol:

It sounds like you could do with an engineer to default and check your system and set it up to suit your needs.

Get the yellow pages out and/or post your location, there is likely to be an engineer from the forum near you.

If you don't know......ask.

I would probably have chosen not to share that!! :lol:

It sounds like you could do with an engineer to default and check your system and set it up to suit your needs.

Get the yellow pages out and/or post your location, there is likely to be an engineer from the forum near you.

40505[/snapback]

My Location is East Sussex, Uckfield. Nr Brighton

Try Pete James from this forum - Wakefield Fire & Security he is close.

If Pete cannot cover it give me a call I'm not a million miles away.

Petes no - 0845 4565 977

Mine - 0870 741 3640

cheers

Simmo

Archived