Security Installer Community

Daft question about batteries

Guest teabelly

Wheres this going.................?

Not getting a discount on his insurance of £50.00 per year, now he has to call somebody out (not on Contract) so probaly, callout charge, new battery, new panel and installation £150.00 ish and i bet thats cheap.

If a maintence contract was in place he would be getting the discount of £50.00 (insurance) which pays for the maintenence contract then hes covered for callouts and parts at a cheap rate,

I have read this post right ?.................Some People.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Well, quite.

There is a valid point about not setting the alarm and invalidating the insurance. I'd still have the system under maintenance whether the insurance co. is giving you a discount or not.

Pointless having an alarm if it doesn't work whether you've got cheap insurance or not.

I have read this post right ?.................Some People.

37584[/snapback]

you have, but have I??? :blink:

now he has to call somebody out (not on Contract) so probaly, callout charge, new battery, new panel and installation £150.00 ish and i bet thats cheap.

37584[/snapback]

I bet it is!

If you don't know......ask.

Pointless having an alarm if it doesn't work whether you've got cheap insurance or not.

37585[/snapback]

Nail and Head spring to mind. And how do you know if it doesn't work.........You get it maintained or get burgled.

Either method will reveal anything that doesn't work!

:)

Nail and Head spring to mind. And how do you know if it doesn't work.........You get it maintained or get burgled.

Either method will reveal anything that doesn't work!

:)

37587[/snapback]

Burgled........Head and wall then bridge when the wifes great aunties wedding ring has been nicked.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

I have pmed Dave to get it changed if I could I would I think Gaz is heading for a ban.

Allsec you are shooting yourself in the foot, the whole idea of the insurance company giving a discount is to encourage you to get it maintained, not so they have a get out clause if you dont set it. And if you dont set it then its your own stupid fault if you get burgled whats the point of having an alarm and not using it.

In answer to the quest of how much a maint is we charge from around £50 inc vat for audible so if you take out the discount on your insurance the maint cost nothing.

Pete

37577[/snapback]

WOOOOOOH..who the hell do you think you are deleting my picture.....i didnt see santa showing his butt getting deleted..

oldtimer!!!the quite from me was..if you read your post again you were talking some s!!!!!! angry with life :lol: i love it but i also live in the real world!!!not some fluffy bunny rabbit village where everyone loves each other and doesnt swear & all meet up for bowls at the village green etc......... i swear so what!!!!!!!i must be scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!so does royalty/film stars etc..AND most of us on here!!!!whats wrong with the picture anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pete...a word......victimisation!!!its obvious you dont like me for what ever reason but dont judge me as i dont judge you!!!!so you dont like my humor..dont laugh then,but this forum gets too serious some times and im one of the few on here that gives a laugh as well as advice...........like catchphrase..i say what i see...im not better than you ,but your not better than me......

;)

id type more but the vicar has just popped round for another cuppa!!!the free loading ******* :whistle:

Me thinks ENG reply  sums up the level of how serious I should take his "the last 3 talk a lot of sh@)(" comment.

I do not mind if he backed it up with an  inteligent reply that supported his comment but his picture points to someone who is angry with life.

Also why does the moderator allow members to post inflamitory pictures

:D  or am I just an oldtimer at heart ?

I hope my comments do noy liven up this debate  :P

37575[/snapback]

oldtime.....i couldnt possibly back up my comments coz im just young(ish) and dont have your knowledge or experience i mean alarms were not what i started out on anyway..but i like to help out so if your ever in need of any advice on anything from to design to installation and commisioning electrical control systems for aircraft carriers & submarines drop me a line :whistle:

WOOOOOOH..who the hell do you think you are deleting my picture.....i didnt see santa showing his butt getting deleted..

oldtimer!!!the quite from me was..if you read your post again you were talking some s!!!!!! angry with life :lol: i love it but i also live in the real world!!!not some fluffy bunny rabbit village where everyone loves each other and doesnt swear & all meet up for bowls at the village green etc......... i swear so what!!!!!!!i must be scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!so does royalty/film stars etc..AND most of us on here!!!!whats wrong with the picture anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pete...a word......victimisation!!!its obvious you dont like me for what ever reason but dont judge me as i dont judge you!!!!so you dont like my humor..dont laugh then,but this forum gets too serious some times  and im one of the few on here that gives a laugh as well as advice...........like catchphrase..i say what i see...im not better than you ,but your not better than me......

;)

id type more but the vicar has just popped round for another cuppa!!!the free loading ******* :whistle:

37598[/snapback]

Sorry Gaz but I'm gonna have to stick up for Pete here. I wouldn't say Pete doesn't like you, he's just taking his duties as a moderator seriously.Remember your public posts and avatar are viewable by anyone. Ian's Santa avatar was not offensive, it was funny and appropriate. Your avatar, although didn't offend me, was offensive and wholly inappropriate. I swear all the time.... with my mates, on a tricky job, when I lose my temper, etc, etc. but this forum is for security professionals to discuss their problems, advise other posters and, yes, to have a laugh, not somewhere to insult people. You make me laugh frequently Gaz, but, in my opinion, you seem to take it too far sometimes, with regards how you 'speak' to people. I know you don't care less what I think, but hopefully Pete and Oldtimer will feel better.

B) here here I'll Back you up on that one Brian.

As for batterys I recomend they are replaced every 3-4 years. The customer pays for the new one as well (unless its less than 12 months old)

I charge £45 for a standard service agreement. Call outs at £35 (Inc 1st hour on site) customer pays for parts and labour.

£65 for an all parts and labour cover (dosn,t include lightning strikes 3rd party damage ect...) But this is only available on systems installed from new by us.

Just thought you would like to know

Adrian B)

Archived