Security Installer Community

External Sounder

Guest aechlin

Guest aechlin

Hi

Got a problem that need addressing :o(

I have installed a Nexus 8 control panel coupled to a Intellisense AG8 external sounder.

Dont like the panel, Im a Menvier man myself through and through.

Anyway I digress.....

When the bell is tested from the panel, it goes off as it should but will not switch off. Only way is to open the housing whilst it deafens me and physicly disconnect the twin sounders (gnd leads to them). If I screw the housing cover screw back in to close the tamper without the housing on, go back down to the RKP and do another test it will work properly, ie go off when told to and stop when requested, (faintly hear sounders)

Is it a sequence that im not doing correctly, because the manual quotes that when installation is done, refit the battery link (on the board inside the sounder) replace the cover and apply power at the panel, after 10 seconds all being well the sounder will accept an alarm condition. I do it that way and the first time I test the bell I have to shoot up the ladder quick again and back to square one.

At the panel end, I have checked that the bell trigger goes to 0 volts at the request and goes high when test is over, so I know the panel is working correctly. It is all wired as per the instructions.

Contacted their tech help, but they obviously wont talk to me...... so any help guys would be really appriciated.

Best Regards

Alistair

... If I screw the housing cover screw back in to close the tamper without the housing on, go back down to the RKP and do another test it will work properly, ie go off when told to and stop when requested, (faintly hear sounders)

37127[/snapback]

I think you have answered your own question there. Sounds like you havent got the cover on properly, and the tamper circuit on the bell is still open.

Guest aechlin

Good point there Deltaseven, On most occasions when refitting the cover, I listened to the distinctive sound of the microswitch clicking. So if the tamper was open, surely the siren would be 'on' from when the panel power comes back on - or the internal battery to the siren would keep it on????

Alistair

Don't know the bell-box (we use Texecom, CQR, Elmdene) but your box may require the signal on the bell activation line to go live. Once it has gone live, it starts checking its own tamper circuit. As I say, I haven't used this particular bell, but if the fault only occurs when you have the cover on, that has got to be it.

Guest aechlin

It does sound that way I must admit. I removed it off the wall because its no good up there not working, so I will attach it to the panel on a length of 6 core and play, concentrating on the tamper.

A couple of sounder specs:

Trigger Condition Automatic reset occurs when trigger clears

Negative Trigger when -V applied

could I post you the site which has the installation manual?

Alistair

Does it require any resistors from the pos hold off to Bell and strobe trigger.

Fitted a few bells that require 1k resistors in place.

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

What leds are on?

How have you set up the option links?

Did you fit the resistor and Diode?

What are your connections? at both ends?

Is it fitted on a flat wall? if not did you bend the switch to compensate?

Guest aechlin

The leds 1 & 2 flash alternately as the manual says they shoould do IF averything is fine.

The option links are:

Strobe Dual

Sounder tone Multisweep

Timer 3 minutes

and obviously battery.

It says to fit a diode and resistor in series with the tamper return if the panel is Irish. Now I havent tried this yet, is the Lyntek Nexus 8 Irish???

Connections are:

Panel Sounder

Hold Off + V+

Hold Off - V-

Strobe - ST -

Trigger SW-

Tamp Rtn R-

The unit is fitted on a brick wall, I never had to bend the switch arm at all, like I said, when I screw the cover screw in with the cover on, I can hear the microswitch click. So it must be closing because its backed out on the wall, it clicks and the panel does'nt show a bell tamper fault. Must admit, its worth trying the resistor and diode technique though.

Alistair

Archived