Security Installer Community

NEC DXE Anyone?

I've just taken over maintenance of several offices. Fire, intruder, data, IT, PAT testing, anything else. All fine.

Hit a slight snag on the phones, they had a mixture of Meridians and Panasonics in a while ago which I thought was fine. For some reason someone has come in and replaced them all with NEC DXE32s. Is this a step backwards? I've never done anything with the NEC kit before.

I've just taken over maintenance of several offices. Fire, intruder, data, IT, PAT testing, anything else. All fine.

Hit a slight snag on the phones, they had a mixture of Meridians and Panasonics in a while ago which I thought was fine. For some reason someone has come in and replaced them all with NEC DXE32s. Is this a step backwards? I've never done anything with the NEC kit before.

36817[/snapback]

No this is the telephone system we use in our offices. It was Nitsuko and if you can get hold of manual let me have them please. as the maintainers who understand this system are like rocking horse sh1t.

jef

Customers!

No this is the telephone system we use in our offices. It was Nitsuko and if you can get hold of manual let me have them please.

36869[/snapback]

I've got the lot, 119MB including all the software\firmware\manuals etc... I don't think I'll be mailing them! I'll stick them in the manuals section later.

as the maintainers who understand this system are like rocking horse sh1t.

36869[/snapback]

Ah, I can charge more for doing the maintenance on them then. :whistle: They don't look the easiest of things to work with, from scanning the manual. As long as they're worth maintaining, I'll maintain them.

I've got the lot, 119MB including all the software\firmware\manuals etc... I don't think I'll be mailing them! I'll stick them in the manuals section later.

Ah, I can charge more for doing the maintenance on them then.  :whistle: They don't look the easiest of things to work with, from scanning the manual. As long as they're worth maintaining, I'll maintain them.

36870[/snapback]

Lurch ive asked on this forum before for these manuals so thanks for that. We have voice mail, MOH, call forwarding, CLID to our D/Base the whole works on ours. Yeh i would charge more as for the competition! our maintainer struggles he spends so much time ringing others for help that’s why i asked for the manual in the first place as i feel i could do a better than him. Its not that i mind paying, I would just like to be paying the guy that our maintainer rings and not pay for the fafing about he does when he's here.

Jef

Customers!

Well, these are relatively basic in that there's no voice mail, CLIP or anything like that. Voice mail is an answer machine that they turn on at night. There's only one phone in each branch with a display on. They just struck me as being an over engineered KX-T from first impressions.

I was offered the job of the upgrades a couple of years ago but couldn't fit it all in at the time and they'd already shelled out for 2 of the branches to have the NEC's so I left it at that. Now I've got the entire maintenance contract it looks like I'm stuck with them. I'd rather take them out and stick something in that I know so we don't have the problem you have with your engineer.

Just seen one of these systems fitted - what can't you do with them :w00t:

Meant to be the dogs bollox!! Don't maintain it unforunatly, and don't think I would want to - the company that installed it where in for 2 weeks fixings snags!!

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Meant to be the dogs bollox!!  Don't maintain it unforunatly, and don't think I would want to - the company that installed it where in for 2 weeks fixings snags!!

36877[/snapback]

Hmm, maybe that's more a sign of the installers competence rather than the systems complexity....

....although having thunk a bit I quite often find that I'm back in on a few occasions to alter programming as what the customer asks for and what they actually want are generally worlds apart.

Manuals in the trade section, seek and ye shall find. They're all uploaded now.

....although having thunk a bit I quite often find that I'm back in on a few occasions to alter programming as what the customer asks for and what they actually want are generally worlds apart.

Manuals in the trade section, seek and ye shall find. They're all uploaded now.

36885[/snapback]

Lurch. Our original installer was bought out by a larger Co. that’s when it all went wrong (sound familiar) the original company used to programme remotely via a spare DDI. You said you have software, surely if it has ISDN that’s the way to go.

Jef

Customers!

Archived