Security Installer Community

Help with Guardtec 500 Panel

Guest bennetm3

Guest bennetm3

I have recently moved into a 3 year old house that came with a Gaurdtec alarm system fitted. Unfortunately we were not supplied with the user code for the alarm and the company that installed it is no longer trading.

We have managed however to get the engineer code for the system and I can now operate the system.

However, whenever I put the code into the system it displays the code En on the panel. (Guardtec 500 Series) I have looked throught the user instructions but En is not listed.

Could comeone please tell me what En means ?

I am also unable to set a user level code. For some reason whenever I try to change the code it just seems to change the engineers code and not the user code.

Any help on this would be much appreciated,

Mark.

Flashing En, means do you want to use Engineer mode.

You DON`T

So press No and itll flash SE, this means do you want to set the system..?

From this point:

Pressing yes will start a full set,

Pressing 1 will start part set 1

Pressing 2 will start part set 2

pressing 3 will start part set 3 ( part 1&2 combined).

It is possible to reset the Engineer & User code on this system, but for obvious reasons I cannot announce the details in the public forum.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

bennetm3

what town do you live in

i am sure someone on here will be willing to help you if your local enough. (for a little beer money :lol: )

if not contact a local company for advice as its usualy free

Guest bennetm3

If I set the system by putting in my code and then say NO to the engineer menu, then yes to set the system then all seems to be OK and the systems sets.

However when I return and open the front door the alarm goes off.

Is is possible that the Entry / Exit zone is not configured ?

Is the Entry / Exit zone set by the engineer menu or is it hard wired ?

You need to make sure that the system is programmed correctly. That entry/exit times are programmed correctly, without the manual and using the engineer code, you will only make things worse. It may be that the system has defaulted and the code you have is the original factory one,there may also be an underlying fault with the system

You would be better off having the system services as a one off by a professional, would cost between £45 and £75, money well spent in my eyes.

Colin.

sounds to me like you got your door programmed as an intruder rather than entry.like the others have said let us know what area you live in or get a local company in to sort it out

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

Could also be that the door contact reed is sticking & that its not releasing when the door is opened & say a hallway PIR is picking you up first, hence the alarm condition. A gentle tap or two on the switch may prove this.

As Colin say's, get it serviced, as other problems could arrise, especially if the battery is low with possible damage to the charging circuits.

As already said, post your town / city & someone will probably be able to help you out.

Chris

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Archived