Security Installer Community

me again

Guest Mickie D

Guest Mickie D
Well, for one run to the keypad it's hardly going to be a complete eyesore as long as you don't run it diagonally across the hall wall!

I'm still not sure you got the bit where I said you only need to use screened for the run to the keypad, the detectors, contacts and everything else can be run in standard white alarm cable.

Or are we at cross purposes again?

36206[/snapback]

what you saying we dont understand each other ?

no m8 i did get that perfect and thnaks

and i plan to come through my cupboard into the back of the RKP (out of site and in the cupboard)

what you saying we dont understand each other ?

no m8 i did get that perfect and thnaks

36218[/snapback]

So you did, I see what you meant now! Think I need to go grab a drink!

Guest Mickie D

right i have been searching but cant find what i want to know so heres another question

i have installed them magnet door sensors is there another type that are fitted in the doors i have seen them before but cant remember what they are (where you drill into the door)

and also whats the best sensors for windows ?

and last but not least how many door or window sensors can be put on a zone as i would like to do one room per zone for the sensr contacts... is this ok ?

I think you mean flush door contacts, they're available from any alarm wholesaler, you drill a 20mm hole for them

They should be fitted within 4 inches of the opening edge of the door/window

Yes you can put more than one door contact/window on a zone but i always try not to

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Guest Mickie D
Again, as Monteey said!

For windows I'd usually go for a Viper vibration sensor.

36227[/snapback]

sounds good are these the ones ?

http://www.letsautomate.com/11026.cfm

and how are they mounted the picture does not tell the right story :(

and if my galaxy is old as everyone is telling me will these new devices work with it ?

thanks very much for the patients and answers you guys have :)

Mickie

They're the ones!

They'll work fine with your Galaxy. The wiring is the same as the new versions, it's only the ROMs that are different.

As for mounting them, I usually fit them on the frame, just above the handle. AFAIK, most people do.

Guest Mickie D
They're the ones!

They'll work fine with your Galaxy. The wiring is the same as the new versions, it's only the ROMs that are different.

As for mounting them, I usually fit them on the frame, just above the handle. AFAIK, most people do.

36230[/snapback]

what about on sash windows ?

and also i have two windows in my sons room that open from the top inwards and stop at a certain point

im gonna have to take some photos lol

Can't you just put normal windows in? ;)

You need to put them somewhere rigid, near to a likely point of someone ramming a crowbar in, basically. You can alter the sensitivity of the Vipers so you don't have to have them attached a specific distance away from the frame edge.

Archived