Security Installer Community

Problem with tamper alarm

Guest garry.channing

Guest garry.channing

Thanks for all your suggestions with this. I wouldnt have personally chosen a Wickes brand alarm, believe me, it was already installed when we moved in a few years ago and has been problem free until now.

Engineer coming today to (hopefully) rip it out and replace!!

cheers

Good on you mate, im sure we'll all be interested to know what they recommend/fit as a replacement

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Guest garry.channing

Engineer has been.... all that needed doing was the memory chip needed removing then powering off then back on and putting back in the chip - this cleared the memory and all is now OK! Only cost £20 so I went for that rather than having a new system. The engineer actually said the system is a Chubb one but just badged as Wickes.

That will be a Racall Guardall Rascall or Countess then(or even the securitall).

Not actually Chubbs rebadged but Chubb did use them for a while (with their own badge on them).

36167[/snapback]

Guardall & Chubb same company (williams?)

Guardall could afford to sell kits through wickes as their based in the 3rd work (scotland) :D

Guardall & Chubb same company (williams?)

Guardall could afford to sell kits through wickes as their based in the 3rd work (scotland)

It was C+K selling them through Wickes not Chubb/Gaurdall.

As far as Scotland being a third world country, in your eyes maybe, two words "Hadrians Wall"

Blind leading the Blind "Romans directing English Brickies" now I wonder why it fell down. Now theres a clue in there somewhere :lol:

As far as Scotland being a third world country, in your eyes maybe, two words "Hadrians Wall"

Blind leading the Blind "Romans directing English Brickies" now I wonder why it fell down. Now theres a clue in there somewhere :lol:

36332[/snapback]

Yep Hardrians Wall built by the legions mile fort every mile!

Ever watched "rab c nesbit" more documentary than comedy :lol:

I think it was the Alexi Sayle show years ago (?), anyway picture two Romans stood admiring the newly completed wall, and one says to the other:

"so what shall we call the new wall then Hadrian?"

Absolutely classic :lol:

£20.00 was suspicously cheap though (what does he do for a living? is a question that springs to mind) you wont get a locksmith for twice that even round here.

Pete

Why would he want a locksmith anyway... ;)

Also is the locksmith worth less than the alarm installer :whistle:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Archived