Security Installer Community

Problem with tamper alarm

Guest garry.channing

Guest garry.channing

Hi. Slight problem with my alarm system, wonder if anyone can help. Had a power cut yesterday and since the power came back on the tamper alarm goes off on the control panel of the system whenever you (1) walk past any of the PIR sensors, or (2) open the front or back door to the house which has those magnetic type sensors on

The manual says this could be caused by wiring being around the wrong way, however this doesnt seem possible as the problem has only occured after a power cut and all was fine before.

The system is a Wickes own brand model about 7/8 years old. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing the problem?

By the way, I have attempted to reprogram the system using the instructions but the system will not allow me into programming mode!!

Thanks

Guest garry.channing
The system needs a new battery!

Change it and everything should be okay.

35992[/snapback]

Thanks for this... I omitted to mention that I have replaced the battery which now works fine (previously if the power was cut the sounder outside the house would go off as there was no battery backup.... however have now put in a new battery and cut the power - the sounder no longer goes off outside so therefore battery is working fine!).

I am left therefore with the original problem regarding the tamper alarm being triggered everytime you walk past the sensors or open doors!! Any other ideas??

Ignore the codes you think operate the system, try the user/engineer codes in the installation manual. If these work then the system has defaulted and will need to be reprogrammed.

If you have only just changed the battery you could have not put the lid back on correctly or knocked the wiring? check both of these.

it sounds like an c/k 700l/800l

try pressing star(*) - whichever led lights up 1-9 press appropriate number(s) on keypad , then * star again.

it might work................. : :blink:

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest IM_Alarms

Definately need a hammer!! I think we all should arrange to meet up at the house, ceremonially hammer it off the wall and then all chip in and buy the poor fellow a decent alarm panel. It would be worth every penny. :D;)

Not Really the answers the guys looking for!!

If we continually take the piss everytime someone needs help then, nobody will ever use this forum for Help.

Its a fact of life that people will buy cheap alarms and fit them, if you really want to make a difference then tackle the manufacturers not the blokes buying them.

Remember alot of people have a reason for buying cheap alarms, and slick advertising doesn't help. When was the last time an inspectorate actually advertised to the consumer the benefits of buying an Quallity alarm system from a competant installer.

There is a place for having a laugh on these forums and its not at the expence of jo public looking for help, lets try and start the year as we mean to go on.

Colin.

Archived