Security Installer Community

8SP 400 Accenta mini G3 panel

Guest lmcamoes

Guest lmcamoes

Hi

I need some help.

I have the following situation in hands and I do not know what to do:

- 13 PIR "Challenger AD04" installed and each one of them independant wired with a 4 core cable to the same point where the control panel will be installed

- I have a "8SP 400 Accenta mini G3 panel"

What sould I do? wired more than on PIR to the same zone? How do I do this?

Regards

Luis

Not being and expert on the installation side, but being quite good at getting into properties :whistle:

From reading these forums you should have used 6 core as a minimum and preferably 8 core. Ideally you should have one device per zone, although the panel you have chosen will not allow this, unless you group more than one device on a zone( not very flexible) you also have to take into consideration all the equipment connected to the panel and the size of the panels power supply.

Personally from your comments already, you may be a little out your depth with the install, I would reccomend that you have a rethink as to what equipment you wish to use.

Merry Xmas, Santa.

2 problems here.

The first one is that 4 core alarm cable is no good for PIR detectors so that needs replacing with a minimum of 6 core, preferably 8 core to allow for futere repairs\upgrades.

The second one is that ideally you want 1 device per zone to aid fault finding\setting options but you can wire multiple devices per zone.

My advice would be to leave the alarm fitting well alone as it sounds like the panel you need to get the PIRs connected on a one per zone basis with only a 4 core to the detectors is most definitely not a DIY panel.

If you do feel you would like to have someone else in to look at the job post your location and there's a good chance someone on here will be able to help.

Just thought I'd better reiterate what Santa said as you might not believe him!

Guest Peter James
Not being and expert on the installation side, but being quite good at getting into properties :whistle:

From reading these forums you should have used 6 core as a minimum and preferably 8 core. Ideally you should have one device per zone, although the panel you have chosen will not allow this, unless you group more than one device on a zone( not very flexible) you also have to take into consideration all the equipment connected to the panel and the size of the panels power supply.

Personally from your comments already, you may be a little out your depth with the install, I would reccomend that you have a rethink as to what equipment you wish to use.

Merry Xmas, Santa.

35370[/snapback]

Hi Santa

For Xmas can I have a copy of one of your magic keys (I promise not to use it for anything illegal) It would come in handy for our 24hr Locksmith .

I have been a good boy all year. :whistle:

Pete

13 PIR's - sounds like a big property?

Accenta Mini G3 - DIY panel for flats and small houses?

4 core - well you could leave out the tamper on the PIR's I suppose! :!:

Overall sounds like a job for a professional, not someone who is saying:

I do not know what to do

Really you should start again from scratch; new panel new wiring etc. :!: :!:

Dunno about the PIR's - any good anyone? :D

Texecom Premier 24 with expander, End of line all zones, only 4 core needed!!! 1 device per zone.

It'll still be a bit smelly though!!!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Texecom Premier 24 with expander, End of line all zones, only 4 core needed!!! 1 device per zone.

35393[/snapback]

Yeah, not really a panel for someone who doesn't know what they're doing though.

No offence to lmcamoes, but it doesn't like you really should be doing something of this size.

Guest lmcamoes

Hi,

Thank you for your repplies.

Job done...

13 PIRs, G3panel...

Yes it is a big property...

All wired, with 4 core cable, outside sirene, inseide sirene, 13 PIRs, and panel with 8 zones, only. more tham one PIR in one zone.

All tested, night test, day test, etc...

All working and client happy :D

Thank you

Archived