Security Installer Community

Intellisense alarm Securit 800L

hi All. 

I know its an older system but Is there a way of adapting this system so I can get alerts when its activated., at moment  if it goes off and I am out how do I know its been activated unless I'm home, Without subscribing to monitoring. 

There is add-on third party tat available but it wouldn't be recommended.

More cost effective to upgrade the system, most decent systems with apps are engineer install only or subscription.

Subscription push apps and monitoring shouldn't be confused they are different services, as is the pricing of them.

If you want a message server to be reliable someone has to pay for that service somewhere...

If it's serviced regularly and reliable so it doesn't cry wolf. Most decent neighbours would get a message to you.

3 hours ago, smcvey said:

hi All. 

I know its an older system but Is there a way of adapting this system so I can get alerts when its activated., at moment  if it goes off and I am out how do I know its been activated unless I'm home, Without subscribing to monitoring. 

You used to be able to add a dialer but PSTN will be switched off soon so nobody is making them. There are GSM dialers available subscription to a mobile phone network required. You can by IP communicators but I am not sure that there are any that will allow you to diy it, and most have a subscription, the ones that are free are rubbish. As swb says if your not paying for someone to look after the server that monitors your alarm then someone is not going to look after it.  There were a few free servers at one time, but every time they went down there was no rush to fix them, and most now charge for the service and to be fair they are fixed quicker.   The 800l is a 30 year old panel now, maybe its time to get a proper alarm