Security Installer Community

Risco LightSys+ - SMTP setup

Hi alarm experts ?

I bought a complete Risco system and are playing with it here on the table before starting the install. It will be replacing a 25 years old Karizma Plus system.

I have most of the stuff configured, but there are still some things not working. 

I installed 4G card with voice, voice module and the panel is connected with ethernet cable. Risco Cloud is configured and working.
To be able to use SMTP, I created a free account on smtp2go.com and tested it is working. In Configuration Software I entered the following:

Mail host: mail.smtp2go.com

SMTP port: 2525

Email address: "the verified sender email used on smtp2go"

SMTP user name: "the smtp user name on smtp2go"

SMTP password: "the correct password"

I then do a FM email test from the panel. Absolutely nothing happens. I get no email, and I can see on smtp2go that nothing tried to use this smtp user.

Tried to change the host name to "103.2.140.82" and tried different port like 587 and 465. No change.
FM is set to use my private email address as the receiver. FM test is working with SMS and voice.

I cannot find any documentation describing of the SMTP use encryption or not, or if there is any other special requirements. 
I'm a DIY installer, so I do not have access to Risco support.

Any help will be highly appreciated ?

Kind regards, Claus

Hi James

I have now tried almost all combinations of smtp.gmail.com and smtp-relay.gmail.com (and their IP adresses) with all ports.
Nothing.

Have you ever seen an example of Gmail SMTP setup?

Kind regards, Claus