Security Installer Community

Optima XM issue

Hi,

My builders switch off the electricity to put some wiring which set the alarm going. When got to the property  I switched on the power and  entered the code to  try and stop alarm but  key panel seem to be inactive. The only way I could stop alarm was to power off at mains and disconnect internal battery then power on at mains. This seems to stop alarm but still inactive keypad and I have all the zone lights on and the tamper light on. What do I need to do to get my alarm system back to normal with an active keypad.

Ok so the long version...

If the power being removed triggered the alarm then the battery and most likely the charging circuit on the panel is faulty.

At this point the external sounder should sound, if it didn't that is also faulty.

You then also seem to have a tamper fault which could be related to poking about in the panel or the faulty battery or maybe something else.

All these things need a multimeter and some knowledge how to use one to confirm and pin point the issue and clear the lockout.

Systems that have been unmaintained for long periods of time are usually best to be re-evaluated and upgraded.