Security Installer Community

MEB Alarms

The same MEB that was the West Midlands' electricity distribution network apparently also did burglar alarm systems, they used 1st gen Gardiner Novagards and Volumatic Flashguards with piezo sirens, xenon strobes and single red comfort LEDs 

Alarm enthusiast and furry 

33 minutes ago, UKAlarmGuy said:

The same MEB that was the West Midlands' electricity distribution network apparently also did burglar alarm systems, they used 1st gen Gardiner Novagards and Volumatic Flashguards with piezo sirens, xenon strobes and single red comfort LEDs and I think they used ADE panels as I have an MEB Alarms branded Volumatic Flashguard single comfort LED xenon strobe piezo siren bell box with an ADE Optima XM6 panel 

I do know way back in the 90s Ambassador Alarms was owned by East Midlands Electricity never knew about Weat Midlands

Edited by The Arab
  • Upvote 1

Trade Member

20 minutes ago, The Arab said:

I do know way back in the 90s Ambassador Alarms was owned by East Midlands Electricity never knew about Weat Midlands

Nice, I am quite a bit of an alarm expert myself, and I am planning on ripping out my old Optima XM6 panel in the near future, it works, but the battery is dead and the battery circuit is kaput so a new battery will no longer keep the panel active during a power cut 

• 3 weeks later...

When I do rip out my 1980s burglar alarm panel, I'll probably replace the PCB with a matching one from eBay that is code defaulted