Security Installer Community

Limited company accounts

New to all this. But thought forums would be the best place for advice. 

Just started a ltd for the second time. The first time I had an accountant ’taking care’ of my accounts, tax etc but I just got bills for things I didn’t understand and I wasn’t sure exactly what he doing. I was wondering if anyone knew of any ‘ltd company accounts courses’ or something along those lines. Even though I’ll use an accountant for now. I would like to take my accounts in to my own hands. Any advice, direction, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ? 

Bills like what? Corporation tax? and VAT returns? Not sure that I would want to be doing what my accountant does for me, Im sure its probably not that hard, but if you make a mistake it would have expensive results. Do you have a bookkeeper? 

On 12/02/2023 at 20:55, WentworthSandE said:

New to all this. But thought forums would be the best place for advice. 

Just started a ltd for the second time. The first time I had an accountant ’taking care’ of my accounts, tax etc but I just got bills for things I didn’t understand and I wasn’t sure exactly what he doing. I was wondering if anyone knew of any ‘ltd company accounts courses’ or something along those lines. Even though I’ll use an accountant for now. I would like to take my accounts in to my own hands. Any advice, direction, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ? 

What you do then? Builder ?