Security Installer Community

Failed To Set

Lectrician

I fitted a Menvier TS690+ last year, and it has operated perfectly for the last 12months or so. The alarm gets set every day without fail, no probs at all.

The last week or so, the client has said that when returning to the property, the internal sounder is sounding (she describes the same sound as the exit tone).

On looking in the system log, the system says 'failed to set' on a few entries.

I am fine with installing and programming, but fault finding...umm

The door contact works fine, and all PIR's are working as they should.

Any ideas??

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

If the system is programmed for 'Final door set' and the rkp is near the door the user can open and shut the door before the exit tone starts - If they are doing this then tell them to press 0 after their code or wait for the exit tone before closing the door

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

If the system is programmed for 'Final door set' and the rkp is near the door the user can open and shut the door before the exit tone starts - If they are doing this then tell them to press 0 after their code or wait for the exit tone before closing the door

34214[/snapback]

cheers guys, everytime I tried it, it worked fine.

The entry time is set as 'final door set'. Would the 'settle' time help??

Guest IM_Alarms

No the settle time is after the system has recognised the door closing. Just do what Buster said and get the customer to push '0' (zero) after their code to start the setting process immediately. This problem happens because of the 5 seconds that the panel allows before setting in case the customer wants to programme or do any other options. The '0' just tells the panel to full set.

:yes:

No the settle time is after the system has recognised the door closing. Just do what Buster said and get the customer to push '0' (zero) after their code to start the setting process immediately. This problem happens because of the 5 seconds that the panel allows before setting in case the customer wants to programme or do any other options. The '0' just tells the panel to full set.

:yes:

34216[/snapback]

cheers. Thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...

if its a slow customer they would have to really taking their time to go int set fail on a final contact setting.if it worked ok for you chances are it is ok.ive always found failed sets are most likely down to some movement in protected areas if youve ruled out faulty equipment

Trade Member

if its a slow customer they would have to really taking their time to go int set fail on a final contact setting.if it worked ok for you chances are it is ok.ive always found failed sets are most likely down to some movement in protected areas if youve ruled out faulty equipment

37040[/snapback]

Just noticed your reply. Since I told the customer to type the code + 0, I havn't had a come back. I work at the blokes 4 pubs, and see him in the pub all the time, so hopefully if there was still a problem with the house alarm, he would have let me know!

Thanks for the advice!

I used to tell people to press 0 for out and B for bed(Part set B =night set)

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived