Security Installer Community

ID / ID+ Biscuits

Deltaseven

Now that the production of ID biscuits has stopped, and been replaced with production of ID+ biscuits, I fear we may have a problem when it comes to one or two faulty biscuits on a site.

Castle Care-Tech assure us that you can mix the old ID and the new ID+ biscuits, and there will be no problem. (but then when they first introduced ID, they told us that the cable didn't require screening...)

Has anyone had experience of mixing the two yet? So far I've not been brave enough, and have either replaced with standard ID biscuits, (but stocks will soon run low) or replaced all biscuits on site with ID+.

Even if they do work OK together, there is still the problem of calculating nominal resistance across the ID line, (ID is 87K / biscuit, ID+ 1250K) - you can work out the theoretical resistance if you know how many of each are on the line, but I'm not sure how to make it as valuable as with just one or the other.

D7

Now that the production of ID biscuits has stopped, and been replaced with production of ID+ biscuits, I fear we may have a problem when it comes to one or two faulty biscuits on a site.

Castle Care-Tech assure us that you can mix the old ID and the new ID+ biscuits, and there will be no problem.  (but then when they first introduced ID, they told us that the cable didn't require screening...) 

Has anyone had experience of mixing the two yet?  So far I've not been brave enough, and have either replaced with standard ID biscuits, (but stocks will soon run low) or replaced all biscuits on site with ID+. 

Even if they do work OK together, there is still the problem of calculating nominal resistance across the ID line, (ID is 87K / biscuit, ID+ 1250K) - you can work out the theoretical resistance if you know how many of each are on the line, but I'm not sure how to make it as valuable as with just one or the other.

D7

you can mix the two on the newer panels

• 11 months later...
Guest bert racoon

hello

mixing biscuits is fine !!!

BUT

If you mix biscuits then the old rules apply !!!

longer cable distances can't be gained and the ID biscuits can still pick up RFI very easily!

My advice cahnge them all if you can ! keep the white ones for spare's !

they are like rocking horse *hit

• 8 months later...
Guest Castellan

Chip manufacturers specifications are claimed to be identiccal - but experience (in the long run the only real arbiter) shows this is NOT the case.

Reset voltage particularly is different between old and "plus" chips and can give rise to some problems.

With some older panels (CT3000 MERiDIANs for example) best to leave a gap in number sequence between old and new biscuits to avoid occasional timing problems.

Very latest Castle Euro-G range End Stations have variable reset voltage for the iD line which can therefore be tweaked to suit.

Castle Care-Tech assure us that you can mix the old ID and the new ID+ biscuits, and there will be no problem. (but then when they first introduced ID, they told us that the cable didn't require screening...)

Has anyone had experience of mixing the two yet? So far I've not been brave enough, and have either replaced with standard ID biscuits, (but stocks will soon run low) or replaced all biscuits on site with ID+.

D7

Have been told by menvier that there 690+ can be used on an existing take over with old id,s and can add new id's with no problem?.

Be interesting to hear other peoples experiences on this because as of yet we've still got a secret stash of the old ones but there will be a time when they run out... :gimme:

hi spark83,

not actually used the new biscuits yet, but interested how many of you do use screen cable for iD?

i never have and have never ever encountered any problems, even on fully loaded on both channels Ultimates.

in my experience, and i have fitted perhap 100 - 150 utimates and about the same Karizma's the only problems which seemed to be iD were in fact prooved to be the Ultimat power supply. imo it should never ever be used for more than the panel itself and a single siren, any voltage drop will cause an iD line tamper, usually showing as a 'line short'.

i'm sure others will disagree with me and shout current En regs - but hey i was born to have this responsibility :P and my installs date back to the ultimates inception.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I have mixed on some smaller installs but I wouldn't do it with anything like a "full" system. I know others that have had problems on some larger jobs when adding iDPlus to an older iD system.

I always use screened now and I think that is important.

On the old ADE Ultimates you could do almost anything - I remember maxing one out in a nightclub in St. Pauls in Bristol and it remained constantly stable for years until the club folded. More than could be said for me on any night visits, with loudspeakers bigger than two of me I never left the club quite knowing where I was or where I was going!

The fun thing was getting past the bouncers on the door - everyone else being frisked and me being waved through.

hi jef,

the screen issue has come to the 'fore' because of En regs about keypads, personally i see no reason for it unless the manufacturer states as a requirement.

i do have screen cable on the van, but more often than not pick it up and run it by mistake grrrr :realmad:

God Bless Brussels - but perhaps they should keep to sprouts :hmm:

regs

alan

Guest RICHL
i do have screen cable on the van, but more often than not pick it up and run it by mistake grrrr :realmad:

Write on the drum Bob.

post-1275-1153518829.jpg

Write on the drum Bob.

but my names alan - fred :P

yey, but when you simply grab all you can carry and the phone rings, the warden want's to ticket you van............

regs

alan

Archived