Security Installer Community

Issue with internal Piezo sounder on a Pyronix ENF32GB-WE

PJD

Hi folks,

The  long version of this is that the batteries in one or more of the various wireless devices had gone flat - I was in the process of ordering / changing. We'd been having to manually override the alarm on the panel  to set because of this.  I think my wife has managed to mute the internal piezo sounder or turn the volume down to almost zero with a combination of key presses i did not witness  and she does not remember. You can hear it chirping away very very faintly. I should add that the keypad chimes are at their normal volume.

I've changed all the wireless device batteries, just in the process of getting the internal BBU on the console but i can't imagine this has any bearing on the internal sounder as the console is mains powered. After changing the wireless sensor / wireless door contact batteries the system now sets as it should. Weirdly the arming button on the remote fob that used to flash green whilst the system was arming no longer does so.

The only outstanding error on set is on the console and says WIRLS SUPRVISN F1 - i think this relates to the external Bell siren that I've yet to change the battery on.

So my questions are;

1. Was this done by 'someone' and if so, can this be undone?

2. Or is it just coincidence that the internal sounder has failed?

Any pointers gratefully received 

Pat.