Security Installer Community

surface door detectors

Guest hillsy

Hello!!

I need some help in sourcing a door contact. The door is not flush and has a half inch edge around it so I cant put a standard door detector on there. Does anyone know of a firm that supply diferent sizes or styles of contacts without me having to try and make one myself :no: !!. Maybe a firm that do z or l brackets.

Thanks guys

Yep, try a picture. I've got an idea what you mean, and a solution, but I could be wrong and it would just confuse us both if we tried doing it without pictures!

He means like the way the UPVC doors are a surface closure around the edge I think - so you end up with a half inch difference between the door surface and the frame surface.

Normally you can get a magnet on the edge of the door and fit the contact to the frame - or recess the contact into the side of the brickwork slightly on the closing edge of the door if you see what I mean - then tidy it up with some decorators caulk around the edge of the contact to make it nice and neat.

Hmm most suppliers should do some contacts that would fit that scenario, i would suggest invading their stockroom to eek out something as im sure it would be quicker than trying to explain to them what your after.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

He means like the way the UPVC doors are a surface closure around the edge I think - so you end up with a half inch difference between the door surface and the frame surface.

32440[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking, just couldn't find the right words!

I usually fit the magnet to the top edge of the door vertically and the contact on the frame somewhere near it. I think the arrows confuse some people!

pop down your local security wholesalers and ask for a chunky contact ( looks like junction box ) made by cqr or kinight plastics (theirs d70 ?)

both have web sited?

We call em chunky whites, excellent contact even if quite industrial looking

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

the one you are descibing is the CQR SC550 although i would have thought that was to big for the door as described.

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Archived