Security Installer Community

Inherited Alarm

Guest inneedofhelp

Guest inneedofhelp

Hi there, I hope someone can help me.

I have just moved into my girlfrieds house which already had an alarm installed. It was installed by the person who owned the house before my girlfriend. She has no instructions for it, and no access codes (there aren't even any marking to say who the manufacturer is).

The system is currently switched off, so it has never been a problem for her before, however tonight the internal alarm starting going off. Since we have no codes all I could do was to disconnect the siren, however really I would like to reset the control panel so we can use the alarm (if the external alarm starts going off I dont think I will be able to disconnect that!)

Can anyone advise me where to start in terms of who to contact to get this sorted?

Thanks

Jason

Guest inneedofhelp

Thanks for the help so far.

We live in Peterborough....

Monteey - I took the front off the keypad panel and stamped on the circuit board was 'Everest Keypad'. I've had a quick look on the everest website and the picture of their keypad looks like mine.

I also opened up the main unit. It had DA Detection Systems on it and 'Abacus 15/72'

Do I gather from this that any alarm engineer will be able to reset it? I won't have to contact the manufacturers?

Archived