Security Installer Community

VCL Dome manual required

Guest stevejones

Guest stevejones
No manual to offer, but if you got a problem then you can't do any worse than ask, I presume your not the same Steve Jones who was once (dunno if still are) the Southern Rep for VCL ?.

32018[/snapback]

Yeh your right I am not that Steve Jones!

Steve

Guest stevejones
I know a tad about VCL domes and Maxcom stuff too Steve if you need any help.

PS:- If you're not that Steve Jones, could you be the one who hosted 'The Pyramid Game' back in the 80's?

32721[/snapback]

No that's not me either!

I have just purchased this used VCL Dome (model VC431) It's got a heater in it. I connected the heater to 24 volts DC and it got very hot and blown the end off. I assume the PSU should be 24 volts AC and that was why its blown but I am not sure.

Also I need to replace this power resistor (heater) but I am not sure what value it is. Its got these numbers on it C6S HSA25 1 0R J 9841. Can anyone help?

Last question do I connect the heater to run 24/7?

Steve

Guest cctvman

Hi,

Yep 24vac for the heater although i have seen a dc version & it normally has a thermo to kick it in when things get cold although i have seen them running in the summer :blink:

A kwick call to vcl tech support & they will happly give you the value of the component

Regards

Cctvman

Guest stevejones
A kwick call to vcl tech support & they will happly give you the value of the component

Regards

Cctvman

33667[/snapback]

Thanks I called tech support they advised there are 12v AC and 24 Volt ones about. Apparently the new ones are both 12 volts and 24 volts. I managed to sort it by changing the power resistor to 50 ohms 25 watt it now runs off 24 volt AC.

Thanks for all your help

Steve

• 3 years later...
I know a tad about VCL domes and Maxcom stuff too Steve if you need any help.

PS:- If you're not that Steve Jones, could you be the one who hosted 'The Pyramid Game' back in the 80's?

I don't suppose you have any idea where i can get spare parts for a VCL dome do you? The red power cable has severed running from the rotary union in the neck of the unit!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived