Security Installer Community

9448+ problem

Guest Jag

hi,

i have just had a 9448+ system installed as a replacement for my old alarm system, where the engineer replaced the main box, keypad and siren. There is now a major problem where the alarm is triggered when the syetem is not even set. I.e: we are all in the house, and all of a sudden the alarm will go off!

When the guy installed the keypad, he had to drill through the wall, and when doing this he drilled through a mains cable and nearly electricuted himself (idiot!!). Not sure if this could have something to do with it. Since then he has come back and replaced the keypad and the main box, but its still happening. can anyone help?

thanx

jag. :(

Sounds as though there is a tamper fault, and sounds like the engineer was an idiot. Being as though this is a new panel i cant really advise you to mess with it as this will invalidate any guarantee that you have with the installing company, but this is something they should sort out for you FOC.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest Adrian

B) Two thing i find with the 9448+ is if its the early type of RKP then its possible the back spring on the key pad maybe going into the whole he has drilled, Or the lid spring on the control box, I find you normaly need to stretch the lid spring as it dosn't allways conect properly.

This is assuming nothing else is connected up wrong.

Adrian B)

Archived