Security Installer Community

Galaxy keypad questions?

Allso

Can a Keyprox keypad be used as a standard code-only keypad?

If a Keyprox is being used code-only can it be mixed with standard Mk 7 keypads on the same system?

Before any installers blow their gaskets and rush to tell me that Galaxy is not DIY kit - I know - I'm aquiring some kit for PROFESSIONAL installation but want to make sure its all compatible?

Allso

If it's for a professional installation then you shouldn't be asking these questions, however, the keyprox is actually counted as 2 modules, the keypad part and the prox part, so yes you can mix with normal keypads and yes it can be used for pin only operation - if you want that then don't buy a keyprox!!

Thanks ALSEC for replying. I'm getting the kit together before employing someone to fit it all.

Why don't I source it via the installer? - because I think I can save some £££ by getting it second hand.

I want to be sure everything will be compatible.

Alan

Thanks ALSEC for replying. I'm getting the kit together before employing someone to fit it all.

Why don't I source it via the installer? - because I think I can save some £££ by getting it second hand.

I want to be sure everything will be compatible.

Alan

31983[/snapback]

Let us know the prices when you get it, Galaxys are normally sold second hand to there is some time wrong with them, or ex //.National Installer.//.

A few on EBAY but they go of top money more then what I pay for new.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Non trade blokes like me:

1) Have no idea what trade prices are!

2) Can't buy Galaxy new!

I hope I'll save but can't be 100% sure, I agree.

Allso

32200[/snapback]

Galaxy panels tend to be, in my opinoin, well priced on Ebay,

Could be a gamble if you get any problems in the future.

There would be no gaurantee, and probably your installer would

then charge for subsequant visits if anything went faulty.

Are you set on the galaxy? I personally would prefer to fit equipment

that I have purchased.

Maybe you could get a quote and see what the opinion here is of the panel?

Yes, I'm set on upgrading to a Galaxy system. I've already got some of the items I'll need.

I try to avoid buying ex-installation stuff that may be faulty or out of date.

Interestingly, its the fact that Galaxy equipment is Trade-only that helps to create the second-hand market for it!

I reckon I'll be able to find an installer to fit it all. Obviously I don't expect them to guarantee the equipment - but then again its supposed to be very reliable!!

Allso

Interestingly, its the fact that Galaxy equipment is Trade-only that helps to create the second-hand market for it!

I dont agree, the fact that its quality kit and very well known as that is the reason its sells 2nd hand.

Realistically its way over the top on what the average house would need and your going to pay more for the kit than you would pay if a very good domestic system was installed.

But hey its your money and you can do what you want with it of course.

Just post how much you have paid and for what, it would be interesting to compare at the end :lol:

I dont agree, the fact that its quality kit and very well known as that is the reason its sells 2nd hand.

32242[/snapback]

I agree fully with your point about the other reasons why it sells well second-hand, but Trade-only must also be a factor, because if you can't buy something new your only option is to get it second-hand.

The second-hand prices I've seen don't seem too bad to me, although, as I've said, I don't know what good quality panels cost new.

I'll let you all know what its cost when I've got everything together, if you'll then be prepared to let me know roughly how much I've saved :):)

Allso

I agree with both of you.

One reason it's sold 2nd hand, as Allso says, is that it's the diyers only option to buy one but one of the reasons it's sold 2nd hand is that they are still worth selling when they are removed from elsewhere. A standard cheapo panel wouldn't have much of a second hand value so generally gets slung by the remover.

There are still other decent second hand panels sold, like some of the Menvier networker panels, but the Galaxy is by far the most popular high end panel currently installed in the UK. (I assume from personal experience)

Archived