Security Installer Community

Abacus - Weird connection to PIR!!!

Guest Rocky

when the panel is programmed for zone splitters, the a + c are data terminals much like a ID based system but with only two circuits per zone.

Good panels, i was using 2nd alarm (comfirmed) 8 years ago, the first panel to have this on it.

must do some work now.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Abs were and are very good panels, loads of extras compared to other panels in the same price range and available at the time, and they were easy to prog.

Pete

32023[/snapback]

As I mentioned on another thread, I couldn't easily find a company (tried three) to take my 5 year old Abacus 8ABI over. I was advised to have a new panel, which I did.

Reasons given to me for not wanting to take it over were:

1)Spare parts no longer available and

2)Non-standard method of zone-splitting!! (see above).

It was perfect - hadn't even had the plastic film taken off the LCD screen! And only one false alarm in the five years.

It ended up in a skip. I put it there myself. :(

Allso

Guest IM_Alarms
The detectors are Comets and are single loop wired, no splitter is used as the detectors have the splitter built in.

These detectors were given away with the panel and have become a nightmare for the installers

The only descent Comet is Halleys! :D

Bloody things

The only descent Comet is Halleys!  :D

Bloody things

32054[/snapback]

What's puzzling me now is that I didn't have any Comet PIRs with my Abacus, just Racall Apollo PIRs? So would my zone splitting have been wired funny or not?

If not, did my panel need changing at all? :cry:

And if that wasn't bad enough - I now realised that the bellbox that was "skipped" with the panel was a metal Odyssey model, and I've been given a lovely plastic rectangular box instead. :unsure:

Drat and Doubledrat - how I wish I'd found this forum, and the excellent information and advice it provides, sooner. :(

Allso

Spot on chaps!!!

One of the PIR detectors was a COMET LP-12.

The other one I opened was a STELLA something or other.

They were both badged up as DA SYSTEMS.

The STELLA PIR did have a bank of 8 DIL switches.

Look's like it's turned into a rewire job!

Thanks again.

Rocky

If the to detectors are wird in a six core, you could wire them EOL the abacus can work EOL.

If it a Abacus 15 or higher get a zone expander and wire everything EOL then you will only need to change the PIRs

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived