Security Installer Community

Wickes Burgular Alarm

Guest Alan Marlow

Guest Alan Marlow

Hi there.

Please can someone sell me or help me find a PCB for a Wickes wired burgular alarm system.

The unit is about 8 years old and at the time Wickes sold a 12 button control panel and a 9 button panel unit. I have a 12 button unit which has been extremely reliable but now has problems.

Having taken out the PCB a small area of the circuit board has burnt out where the 12v input enters the board.

I have contacted the manufactures (GET PLC) who no longer have complete 12 button type wired alarm control panels or PCB for the same.

I know its a bit of a long shot but could someone out there advise where I might get a spare part or panel, or if you have an old one in your store/junk box you could sell to me.

Thanks!

Alan Marlow

Northampton

marlow@tesco.net

Chuck it in the bin. there's a reason why it burned out in the first place, and it's probably more than a little to do with the quality of the panel (IE very low) Personally, I'd have a more professional system installed. It'll give you much more peace of mind, and you'll be able to get the bits and people to fix it if it ever goes wrong.

Failing that, you could have a look on ebay.co.uk. There's plenty of DIY alarm kits on there, but I doubt you'll find a new PCB, or even a replacement panel. Sounds like it's gonna be more expensive than it's worth, to me :whistle::D

Trade Member

The truth always hurts :lol:

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Archived