Security Installer Community

A new CCTV Information Website

Doktor Jon

Hi there,

If you can hear a strange noise in the background, it's just the sound of my knees knocking - first time posting!

I just happened across this forum (nice place you've got here), and was wondering if I could ask a small favour - steady on, it's not that bad.

A few years ago, I had the daft idea of building a CCTV information website, aimed specifically at the 'Use and application of CCTV'.

Now two years on, all that's left is a gibbering wreck with a 500+ page website, and a shed load of work still needing to be done.

If at all possible, could you have a look at my little project at:-

http://www.doktorjon.co.uk

and perhaps let me know what you think.

Please be gentle with me, :blink:

cheers for now,

Doktor Jon

Looks pretty good mate the quick scan ive done on it, looks like youve spent some time on it, well done

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Thanks for that guys,

I used to work at a high risk site about twenty years ago, and everytime the cameras played up, they used to call in Doktor Jon to make them better, so the nickname kinda stuck.

Bit ironic georgahti, I do a quick scan every day and get thoroughly 'depressed' :(

If you get a chance to have a proper look around, maybe you can let me have a bit more feedback. Any suggestions, or comments are always helpful.

Oh and IM_Alarms, the Doktor suggests you stop doing that, otherwise the swelling will never go down :D

Hi Jon

Great site, obviously alot of hours spent on it.

I agree with Pete in that you need more information on the data protection act regarding cctv.

Added to my faves as I am a CCTV Practitioner of 12 years.

:w00t:

Pleased to hear you approve .... so far!

There is a section specifically for 'CCTV & The Law' which still needs some work doing on it, but as you asked, there are two topical news stories which I think you'll find of interest.

1) CCTV & The Data Protection Act:- http://www.doktorjon.co.uk/news%20and%20vi...wsstories5.html

2) The 'unlawful' use of Closed Circuit TV:-

http://www.doktorjon.co.uk/news%20and%20vi...wsstories6.html

To be on the safe side, I suggest you are comfortably seated, or preferably horizontal before attempting to read the second one, although thinking about it, you'd probably need a decent sized flat panel display on the ceiling to do that, and clients rarely pay us enough to be able to afford that luxury.

Happy reading!

D.J.

Fortunately you stopped just in time IM_Alarms.

Set up link; 3rd item on my list of things to do tomorrow - you really don't want to know what the other two are....

regards

D.J.

Archived