Security Installer Community

Challenger CEF AP28 advice sought

Pomp

hi

Hoping somebody could possible offer some advice please?

We have a Challenger CEF AP28 which was in our house when we moved into it 9 yrs ago, during that time we have never actually used it. We don't even know the code to it.

Last night in the wee small hours the internal alarm decided to go off (why do these things always happen at 03:30) and every light on the control panel was flashing, leading to much panic, I knew where the box was located that contained the battery and I went to it, initially to find the manual that has always been wedged behind it, by the time I found it my wife had turned the main fuse off - silencing the interior alarm but then the external alarm stated.

I disconnected and then reconnected the battery and we turned the mains fuse back on which stopped the external alarm but then we had a constant high pitched whine (alarm) from the control panel.

We bought a replacement battery today and swapped it for the old one and with help from "google" managed to turn off the whine from the control panel by using the default code, however the lights on the panel are all still flashing - does anybody have any ideas how to reset these lights please?

Capture.JPG

Code # ?

Alarms need regular maintenance what you have described is common for an unmaintained alarm.

If you want to use it I would recommend having it serviced to make sure you are not disturbed in the early hours again.

Alternatively if you are not planning on using it, have someone come out an decommission it properly.

i cant seem to edit my original post, but this is the state of the display (red lights are flashing very fast, orange 24h flashing but not so fast) the user manual doesnt paricularly help with diagnosis

Thanks, We will look to get it serviced or decomissiond as soon as we can

Capture.JPG

i somehow set it off again when i was screwing the cover back on the "battery box" but when i entered the code # this time it cleared all flashing lights - hopefully thats an end to it, until i can get somebody in to it

why did nobody tell me it needed regular servicing when we moved in :(