Security Installer Community

Texecom Exodus 4w Smoke Detectors

Guest Powersuction

Guest Powersuction

Hi

Can anyone please state how to connect upto 4 smoke detectors linked together to the control panel.

Are the 12v and 0v wires connected from 1 connector to the other in series or parallel? and how about the zone wires? and whats with the latching facility on the smoke detectors? how does this connect?

Regards: Powersuction :cry:

Hi Powersuction.

Firstly you will be unlikely to get a reply to any one of the 4 posts you have made, You only need to post ONE topic in ONE forum, so choose the best forum that is likely to fall under your query type.

Secondly, It is polite to introduce yourself first and give us a bit of insight into your background and what you are actually doing before going straight in with the killer question.

Thirdly, the technicality of the questions you are asking could be worrying, Theres not many peple that will be prepared to give you information on such a short and prompt post, please be more specific if you are playing with fire alarms as your question doesn't give confidence in your abilities to be prodding about with electronics.

And last of all, welcome to the forum.

Guest Powersuction

Hi Rich

Thank you for the sincere warm welcome.

I can only apologise for sounding so rude and hope my apology would be sincerely accepted.

The reason for the numerous posts was accidental, again my sincere apology.

I am actually trying to connect upto 3 texecom exodus optical and heatmulti sensor smoke detectors to a Pyronix Sterling 10. These are 12v 4wire connectable to an intruder alarm system.

The only questions I have are concerning connections. I would appreciate if anyone could advise if I should connect the power supply cables from one detector to the other in parallel or series (I believe in parallel) and should the zone wires from one detector to the other be connected in parallel or series (I believe in series).

Latching facility, I'm not sure about, (althought the control panel does have a programmable output which could be used for latching).

Please advise.

Powersuction.

I think you need to check what your output on the sterling 10 does because if you read the instructions to your smoke detectors I think the latch facility works until the 12V+ is momentarily lost, this could be set up with an output that does detector reset on commencement of the setting procedure. Tried only today to get the same smoke detectors with the latching facility to work on an Accord XPC however ran out of time because the outputs I needed are all back to front so will have to run the reset through a relay.

Trade Member

Archived