Security Installer Community

Scantronic 816

Pat

I have a scantronic 816 with 3 ( 930) keypads after a recent power cut had to replace 7Ah battery, have done this and performed customer and installer ( first stage reset). Problem I have is the following message on keypads "KPAD BUS TAMPER" and PID Bus tamper. Could anyone advise as to what might be problem?

Horrible panel (worst thing I ever did was bin my 9600 at home for one when they came out way back when)

Have you tried a cold start (mains and battery removed) [bEWARE OF MAINS VOLTAGES]

Otherwise have you perhaps disturbed any wiring to one of the RKPs?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Yes have tried soft reset not sure if one of the the 3 keypads has been damaged during power cut perhaps wire  back only 1 keypad at a time and see if this error code goes away?

Was working ok prior to power cut I do know keypads after power cut and reset were working to engineer code?

any help appreciated don't whant to change panel and keypads

It's an 816 so no expanders then, however, you're right, remove the keypads and wire each individually, then all 3 DIRECT to the panel with a short length of new wire.

That will quickly rule in/out RKP vs. wiring faults.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Did try individual wiring each keypad no luck and also finally short wire direct to panel same problem finally tried returning panel to second stage reset factory defualts still same problem enough time wasted on panel. Will be changing to Scantronic 9651 or 9752. Thanks for all help anyway

Terrible panels. Taking out our last 8136 for upgrade on Monday thank god!

The 816 was sort-of alright in the sense of less to go wrong. But so utterly pointless with the 9751 etc... around the corner.