Security Installer Community

Cctv Set Up

spike1947

Each camera must have an ip address assigned , routers do this two ways , in basic terms automatic(dhcp) or fixed(static)

As said above give each camera an ip address static then as other post also says try and enter the ip address for each camera into your internet browser and see if you can access it , this way you know its working in house

Try doing one at a time, if you don't know how to make it static meaning the ip, it will have a automatic ip assigned somewhere which you could see in the router

You get me? Or them?

Each camera must have an ip address assigned , routers do this two ways , in basic terms automatic(dhcp) or fixed(static)

As said above give each camera an ip address static then as other post also says try and enter the ip address for each camera into your internet browser and see if you can access it , this way you know its working in house

Try doing one at a time, if you don't know how to make it static meaning the ip, it will have a automatic ip assigned somewhere which you could see in the router

You get me? Or them?

Hi Guys

Thank you all for your help , will put all that info in my brain and test it out tonight and hopefully come back here and thank you all and mark it has solved .

spike