Security Installer Community

Shunt Code for Texecom Premier 24

Guest nicodemus

Guest nicodemus

After finding this web site it gave me the confidence to install my own alarm system. I opted for a Texecom Premier 24 (mainly cos I could get a nice satin chrome keypad) which has proved pretty straightforward to configure except for one aspect. I have two zones covering a shed set as '24Hr Audible'. What is the easiest way of disabling these for accessing said shed? The manual mentions shunt codes, but not in enough detail. Any recommendations? I would prefer to have a separate 4 digit code that disables these two zones as opposed to using omit commands each time, does anyone know if this is possible? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

After finding this web site it gave me the confidence to install my own alarm system. I opted for a Texecom Premier 24 (mainly cos I could get a nice satin chrome keypad) which has proved pretty straightforward to configure except for one aspect. I have two zones covering a shed set as '24Hr Audible'. What is the easiest way of disabling these for accessing said shed? The manual mentions shunt codes, but not in enough detail. Any recommendations? I would prefer to have a separate 4 digit code that disables these two zones as opposed to using omit commands each time, does anyone know if this is possible? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

27899[/snapback]

If the panel supports partitioning this should be possible. You may though need an extra keypad for simple use of the shed partition..

you have to assign the shed zones with the 'shunt group' attribute and program another code as shunt. See pages 33 and 68 of the installation manual.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest nicodemus
you have to assign the shed zones with the 'shunt group' attribute and program another code as shunt. See pages 33 and 68 of the installation manual.

27946[/snapback]

cheers Breff,

I've been away for a week but I'll give this a try and see how I get on.

Guest nicodemus
If the panel supports partitioning this should be possible. You may though need an extra keypad for simple use of the shed partition..

27905[/snapback]

Don't think it supports 'Partitioning'. I know it does not have multiple area support if this is the same thing. I was going to buy the next model up to give me multiple Areas but I decided the Shunt facility would achieve the same effect.

Thanks for the input.

Archived