Security Installer Community

Accenta G4 No Volateg On Aux Output

matt6697

Not sure if anyone has had a simular problem but just powered up an accenta g4 panel today with remote keypad, sounder went off keypad worked etc, but when I checked the pir that i connected to test the system there was no led flashing.  So i checked the voltage across the terminals and they read zero volts, i then tested the the cables continuity and everything seemed fine.  But when I came to check the voltage on the panel side I got no reading, I also checked the voltage outputs near the fire terminalarrow-10x10.png on the top and these read ov.  I checked all the fuses and these were fine!

Edited by matt6697

Voltage regulator Gone, LM7812, top right of the PCB.

Test it with a multimeter, Centre pin 0v, Left pin 12v, Right pin 14-20v

If it's in warranty, return it, or its Repairable for £2.00 with a soldering iron.

Totally missed the word Accenta, Saw the G4 bit. If it was onboard keypad, Which I assumed it was,

It's powered by a LM7805 adjacent to the LM7812. Hence my theory of the regulator.

As you say, if keypad is powered then it's something else other than the 7812 regulator

Edited by PSE

disconnected all terminals and checked aux terminals still read 0 volts, its a new panel I recently ordered but noticed when i opened the sounder box it didnt come with the fixing screws or tamper bolt,

so im woundering if it could have been a return?, also the battery supplied didnt seem to have much juice in it, and they supplied me with the honeywell IS312B detecors when they said they would supply me with activ8 ones.