No Tamper Fault Scantronic 9751En Wireless

BveshPatel

Hi All

Control Panel 9751EN 

Keypad 9943 Prox

Wireless Expander RFX08

PIR Scantronic 714r Passive Infrared Detector and Transmitter x4

Door Contact Scantronic / 734r Wireless Door Contact x2

Does anyone know why the tamper fault wouldn't be activated when I remove the lid from a PIR and a door contact.

Do they work normally on alarm?

If it was just the door contact, I would have a simple answer; many installers, when using external contacts, forget to program

the actual tamper of the actual tx unit itself as a 24 or tamper only zone.

i.e its possible to program an external mc contact, by tampering on said external contact to program, and not have the actual on-board tamper

registered with the RFX at all.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thank you for your reply.

The contacts do work on normal alarm.

The Door Contact used as Final Exit and the PIR is on Entry route.

Currently I have removed batteries from both as they were low and I need to replace them, however I am still able to set the the alarm without them which is making me wonder why that is as I have changed nothing in the programming?

With one way kit the panel relies on the transmitter sending a signal at a fixed interval to know it's still there - to stop someone removing the

entire thing (without activating the tamper) and putting it out of range, for one thing.

This is not always that often, but the panel will be expecting to hear from the transmitter at some point. When it doesn't 'poll', an error should be

shown at the panel, on a scanny this would be a 'supervision' fault (although it can (foolishly) be disabled, on iOns at least).

This isn't to be confused with alarms (CC and tamper) or low battery signals.

Hope this helps! This is why 2 way or mesh kit is so much better.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thanks for the explanation.

Am guessing that means that on my current alarm system it doesn't poll and therefore doesn't recognise that there are two detectors missing hence why the alarm can still be set and they can be removed without the system recognising there is a fault.

Also just to confirm this is also the reason they didn't go into tamper when I opened them up to remove the battery.

Would I be able to program them for tamper as well as Final Exit and Entry route once I replace the batteries by asking the RXF08 to re learn the devices?

It polls infrequently so it will be a matter of time (up to 4 hours?) before it notices they are gone.

If set a supervision (poll) fail will usually cause a full alarm, depending on configuration.

The tamper issue is quite separate - but the fact it is not working is why the alarm can still be set.

A re-learn might be in order, then just see if the tamper works right away.