Security Installer Community

Options To Update Ddns

Confused i am.

You don't need DNS, if using push notifications we track the IP address and update every time you connect, that's why the system is polled every 15Mins. I assume you are using this for the customer to have the APP. If not please explain some more.

Right so the comwifi tells your servers every 15mins what the IP address is?

My (mis)understanding is you put the IP address and port in the app, and it connects to the router, router port is forward to comwifi then you have a connection.

If the router refreshes its IP address, the IP address in the app is wrong so it's not connecting to anywhere.

If I put a ddns address in the app it will always connect to the comwifi. Just like other remote CCTV apps.

Wouldn't mind having a better understanding of what your server is doing.

I'm assuming the client will want push notifications, are they handled by your server? If there's a ddns address will the notifications not work?

Also are the notifications instant, or checked every 15 mins?

Thanks

Right so the comwifi tells your servers every 15mins what the IP address is?

My (mis)understanding is you put the IP address and port in the app, and it connects to the router, router port is forward to comwifi then you have a connection.

If the router refreshes its IP address, the IP address in the app is wrong so it's not connecting to anywhere.

If I put a ddns address in the app it will always connect to the comwifi. Just like other remote CCTV apps.

Wouldn't mind having a better understanding of what your server is doing.

I'm assuming the client will want push notifications, are they handled by your server? If there's a ddns address will the notifications not work?

Also are the notifications instant, or checked every 15 mins?

Thanks

Best thing to do is read the manual that came with the comwifi and the app, all you need to know is there, we update the routers IP address in the app so it can always connect. Notifications are instant, push is handled by the server as are emails, no need to understand the ins and outs of how it is done, all you need to know is it works, we handle the IP updates and the notifications.

I do t want to sound patronising with the answer above, but everything is detailed in the manuals, follow them and it will work.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Best thing to do is read the manual that came with the comwifi and the app, all you need to know is there, we update the routers IP address in the app so it can always connect. Notifications are instant, push is handled by the server as are emails, no need to understand the ins and outs of how it is done, all you need to know is it works, we handle the IP updates and the notifications.

I do t want to sound patronising with the answer above, but everything is detailed in the manuals, follow them and it will work.

I got as far as the port forwarding page on site I didn't get to read the rest, but you're right, Its answered my questions. Thanks

Did you try and register more than once? Did you use a valid email address? The process is automated, no human involvement so it should have worked, PM me the details you tried to register with will get it checked

Yeah I tried both IP I have

It's not bigge as it was a test unit that's now fitted fine they just just the smart key app really so are happy with that. Next one I'll get when I have some time I'll look into it more.

One thing I'm not sure if was the Udl code, what's the score with regards to our Udl code and one for the apps it can't just use the one can it?

I got as far as the port forwarding page on site I didn't get to read the rest, but you're right, Its answered my questions. Thanks

Excellent, glad to help

Yeah I tried both IP I have

It's not bigge as it was a test unit that's now fitted fine they just just the smart key app really so are happy with that. Next one I'll get when I have some time I'll look into it more.

One thing I'm not sure if was the Udl code, what's the score with regards to our Udl code and one for the apps it can't just use the one can it?

The UDL code in the app and the panel must match, otherwise no connection, you have the onion in the engineer app to encrypt the UDL code so it cannot be seen by the user

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Yeah I set them up the same (panel was for a company employee so the Udl part wasn't such a secret on this install) but I did wonder, as obviously don't want to give it the customer

what happens when the user wants to add the app to another device later down the line when we are not on site?

They will need the log In details?