Security Installer Community

Area Set Up On Texecom Premier Elite 24

Hi all,

I'm probably being really dim and missing something really obvious but any help appreciated.

I've installed a Premier Elite 24, simple system, one kepad, 6 contacts. Programming using Wintex. 

I've set up area A as all devices for a simple full set. 

I was looking to use area B as a night mode which would inlcude 4 of the circuits, just on the ground to allow people to move around upstairs. 

I've been through the zone set up and ticked area B on those I wish to include and created a seperate user code just for area B as a 'night pin'.  I've also made sure the keypad is ticked for both areas. 

Under the 'Area' tab, under areas, Area B is set to 'Entry/Exit' and under 'Area Arm Suites' to timed exit. 

When I set area B it countdown and shows part armed etc, but the system then doesn't re-act when any of the doors are opened.  If I change one of the circuits so it's just on area B it then works. 

Is this a limitation of the panel and circuits can only be assigned to one area or have I ballsed up somewhere?

Thanks

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

There is an answer on the Texecom website, something to do with you have to assign the ccts to both areas. I've a similar problem. 

I need a final door set on full set, silent set on night part arm but timed, and then another part arm but as in full set but without a particular cct.

Mind f@ck.

Piece of pi55, do NOT use multiple areas, assign all zones to area A then use the part omit options, tell it what zones you want off in what part set.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)