Security Installer Community

Tamper alarm

Guest major

Geeeez, I`d have to re-mortgage the house to buy one of those. Looks nice though :)

But how on earth can that price be justified ??

If you need to hear resistance fluctuations build yourself a simple oscillator circuit.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest Adrian

B) Said it wasn't cheap!

But hey 2 of our lads spent the whole day pulling an alarm system apart trying to find out why it kept on going off. they where unable to find the problem all resistences and voltages ok in the end they gave up. came back to the office declared that the lady was making it all up.

At 10pm I get a call from the same lady ranting and raving about her **** alarm going of again. and wanting it sorting out now. So I went to her house pulled out the check mate and went for a walk, after 10 mins doing tap tests on the alarm the check mate starting giving strange reading on the landing,

moved the carpet lifted the floorboard and there it was an 8 core cable was geting crushed by a pipe put in by a plumber only 3 weeks before. Repaired the cable and she hasn't had a problem since.

She now thinks that the sun shines out of my a***s and the rest of the lads are half wits.

I would say it paid for itself in just a few months on the time I know it has saved on faults (mostly on take overs) and you look realy good when you can put your finger on a section of plastered wall and say the problem is right there. Then open up the wall and there it is a bad repair done by the previous company.

:rolleyes:

adrian :lol: B)

Honestly though Adrian, I would love one, I can only imagine the time it must save when tracking down intermittant faults. But at that price its well beyond what most companies could afford. I`m supprised you have one.

I saw them demonstrated at IFSEC several years ago, and was really impressed, I`ve wanted one ever since.

Guest Adrian

B) Well its not mine it belongs to the company that currently employs me, We use a lot of ACT testing stuff as well as a lot of their filter stuff.

some people may think its a waste of money some of their filter stuff but when you look at the cost of an ID filter over a full day or two moveing cables because some computer engineer thought he would put all his data cables in your trunking, and their alarm has gone do lally since then.

yes its looks expensive but when you see some of the engineers we have had working for us in the last 3 years, will will understand why we need the stuff.

Thankfully those type don't stay to long.

Adrian B)

Perhaps ill get round to building something similar one day, might make use of some of those cheap 49Mhz walkie-talkies for the wireless bit, they havnt got the 1 mile range but should manage a 100 meters or so, which would probably do most of the time.

Ill look into building a simple resistance determind variable pitch oscillator first, if I ever get round to it....:)

Guest Adrian

B) If your intrested I will test it out for you. make it easy to use as being an ex Lorry driver my brain struggles a little bit if you make it to technicle (by the way you need a spell checker on this site!)

Adrian B)

Archived