Security Installer Community

Tamper alarm

Guest major

I have a Scantronic 9448 control box linked to pirs and door switches to a external Cequra (SAB) sounder .

The system is suffering from an erratic Tamper alarm setting of the internal and external sounder.

It seems to happen whenever there is a large ambiant temparyre change Hot day to Cold night?

I have linked out the micro switch (tamper) on the external sounder without any sucess. The alarm sounds when you check the pannel the red led tamper is lit. Reset and its ok for days then off it goes again. Any suggestions.

does the panel mot come up with a number or a letter that you may be able to relate it to? do you have any cables that run under somewhere that you may be walking on from time to time?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andy jinks

If you have linked out the bell tamper in the panel by putting a link between hold off negative and tamper return and its still going off then the next thing to try is removing all the PIR and CONTACT tampers leaving it for a week and seeing if it goes off.

If its ok the start putting them back one by one leave it a while then put a another one back until it starts playing up.

My way of tracking an intermittent tamper down is to put my analogue meter on the tamper wires (you don

Guest Adrian

B) If you spend some money you could buy ACTs check mate2 this will enable you to connect up the tampers to a transmitter and you take the radio reciever with you and it will do the same thing, but you only need one person and its good for about half a mile from the transmitter (might be more)

Just a thought!

Adrian B)

thanks for the info, will try the suggestions and see what happens. btw it went off again during the night at 0130hrs. The Red led tamper was lit on the panel . Put in the reset code and it silenced the internal alarm leaving the LED still Lit. Not sure if the external alarm has been sounding wife didnt go outside to check. Is ther a way to link out the tamper leads one by one. My instruction manual is not very clear

Regards

If you follow Andy Jinks' advice above you should be able to identify the offending circuit. If the alarm has been installed correctly and each zone or cable has it's own tamper pair of wires, just either wire them in one at a time, or cut them out of the global tamper circuit on the 3A connector blocks (if used) inside your panel. It matters not whether you start with all tamper circuits connected, or with just one circuit!

Good Hunting!

Steve K :wacko:

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Hi again, The alarm went off just after i posted my last msg. The Tamper Led was Red again and only the internal alarm was sounding.

Archived