Security Installer Community

Help Very Much Appreciated -

Got you, thanks. The videofied route seems like a good one. Now just need to find someone to sort it all out!!

Do you want to give me a call and we can go through it? We install and monitor videofied and cover your area

Edited by jameswilson
no contact details in post

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

as always it's advisable to get 3 quotes and weigh up all options..

I'd agree normally but not for videofied. If the budget is £1000 including VAT and a years monitoring, that's £833 + VAT.

The kit and a years monitoring at that price isn't doable for most installers. Only reason we can is we have started buying 10 kits at a time and we do the monitoring in house. It would be unfair to waste 2 other companies time.

If videofied not the chosen product then I'd agree :)

I'd agree normally but not for videofied. If the budget is £1000 including VAT and a years monitoring, that's £833 + VAT.

The kit and a years monitoring at that price isn't doable for most installers. Only reason we can is we have started buying 10 kits at a time and we do the monitoring in house. It would be unfair to waste 2 other companies time.

If videofied not the chosen product then I'd agree :)

a quick google of videofied brings up plenty installers,it wouldn't be wise of a professional forum to nominate one installer, anyone not just the op would be wise to get different quotes for any product they seek advise on to compare

There are indeed Gaz. I'd just be mighty annoyed if I was one of them who got the call and didn't ask the budget and got there and found out a quote had already been received that was lower than my cost price.

Not anti-competition all :)

I don't why 3rd party ARC's charge so much for monitoring them as apart from the £5k integration costs, there is little more to videofied than a normal alarm. Reviewing the clip only takes 10 seconds extra time.

There are indeed Gaz. I'd just be mighty annoyed if I was one of them who got the call and didn't ask the budget and got there and found out a quote had already been received that was lower than my cost price.

Not anti-competition all :)

I don't why 3rd party ARC's charge so much for monitoring them as apart from the £5k integration costs, there is little more to videofied than a normal alarm. Reviewing the clip only takes 10 seconds extra time.

like I say matt anyone wishing for a quote should always get others to compare,it's not like some salesmen tell lies etc basic advise from a professional alarm forum I'd have thought..

very good,but the op should not be railroaded into a system one installer promotes over others without comparison the op wanted advise not a hard sales pitch as a mod you should be giving advice not using it as a tool to promote your wares over others

Can these cameras see in the dark?

They do. They are colour if light allows and go to black and white if dark. Have a couple of built in IR's. You can see the results on this clip. Not bad to say only battery powered.

This thread seems like a self ad to me.  :rolleyes: 

Guilty as charged :)

very good,but the op should not be railroaded into a system one installer promotes over others without comparison the op wanted advise not a hard sales pitch as a mod you should be giving advice not using it as a tool to promote your wares over others

Hard sales pitch, hardly.

My advice is video alarms are super and stop wasting tons of peoples time. You or anyone else can feel free to offer different advice. It isn't a private discussion :)

Apart from cost, can't see how a non video system would be better than an alarm that goes off if someone leaves the windows open or sammy spider goes for a walk but feel free to offer your advice to the OP, as I say, not a private chat.