Security Installer Community

Cabling

If i wish to run an armoured cable between buildings (house and garage), and I only need 4 cores, is it permissible to use a standard 1.5mm 4 core SWA armoured cable??

Also, where I join from this cable to standard alarm cable, can I do this in a standard electrical box, or do I need a tamper proof cover??

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

If i wish to run an armoured cable between buildings (house and garage), and I only need 4 cores, is it permissible to use a standard 1.5mm 4 core SWA armoured cable??

Also, where I join from this cable to standard alarm cable, can I do this in a standard electrical box, or do I need a tamper proof cover??

24500[/snapback]

YES

YES

YES

Customers!

if you are running between buildings surface, use tube, also tube can go under ground.

PVC/SWA/PVC is only any good for protective earthing, however, if you want to use it use 1mm its cheaper.

Have fun

Smokie :ph34r:

Thanks for reading my posts, however insane they may be.

Just remember, 'Success is Built on Commitment, Hard Work, saying F**K it once in a while and most of all LUCK'. Be Happy

simon@sgssystems.com

SGS Systems Web Site

if you are running between buildings surface, use tube, also tube can go under ground.

PVC/SWA/PVC is only any good for protective earthing, however, if you want to use it use 1mm its cheaper.

Have fun

Smokie    :ph34r:

24516[/snapback]

Being a spark, I have never seen 1mm armour. armour is a very resiliant cable, and resists damage. The armour must, of course, be earthed from an electrical point of view. armoured is prob cheaper and easier to install than conduit.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

True, one the cheep bit, I have seen 1mm SWA in the Wholesalers.

Smokie

Thanks for reading my posts, however insane they may be.

Just remember, 'Success is Built on Commitment, Hard Work, saying F**K it once in a while and most of all LUCK'. Be Happy

simon@sgssystems.com

SGS Systems Web Site

8 Core alarm cable SWA.

Comtech, Darwen had some in the past from them, it saves time due to when the steel is removed its only a standard eight core. I also think we got some from Cable World (have to check).

Richard

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest IM_Alarms

You can get alarm cable which is armoured but it is hard to source, especially small quantities. Why not screened alarm cable in aluminium pipe and just earth the pipe to be sure. That would work out quite cheap and easy and meets all the regulations......... Unless someone knows otherwise :)

Installed an alarm for MOD at Hertford, yes our SAS friends. Now these blokes get pushed into a large pool off a diving board with full kit and when they drown the instructors use the alarm to get an ambulance from the on site hospital nearly a mile away. A remote sounder strobe with reset was required. I specified underground telephone cable, as radio is a no no no, now this is easily available and has excellent low resistance for long runs.

Jef

I hope im not in breach of national security, well if I post again im not dead.

Customers!

Archived