Security Installer Community

Sub Contractors

paul44

As a self employed engineer, with no NSI membership, can I subcontract for NSI gold companies or do I have to join the club?

I have worked for many years at NSI gold firms so I know all the standards we have to work to.

cheers for the fast reply Matt.

Does that mean a Gold firm can use subbys who arnt registered with NSI?

Nsi don't offer certification schemes for subbys or any engineers full stop therefore you are free to work for any Nsi or SSAIB firm however the work you do must be done so that the approved firm doesn't fall foul of the rules for example you would have to make sure the systems you installed for the Nsi firm met current standards and any codes of practice Nsi issue.

I believe Nsi might have something in their cop that they might not let you do but all in all no real restriction.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

We do very little if any subbing anymore but in the past have installed/commissioned/serviced/connected signalling/hand over plenty of systems.  But I did work for that company on the cards for several years so it's not like I was an unknown.  Oddly, we just picked up a job for them next week - first one this year.

But if they are NSI they should only use NSI companies as subcontractors, and shouldn't allow you to do the work you have stated whether you have worked for them in the past or not

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Archived