Security Installer Community

Help - Gardtec 595 And Mcr 308 Wireless Reciever.

Mweigh7

Ok, I assumed the module would already present as dry contacts, but it didn't - it was open collector...

In a nutshell - as long as you haven't disturbed any existing wiring, proceed as before.

All you need to make sure is that each relay output pair (all 2 of them) connects to a zone

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I'd check the connection in the RL-8 with a multimeter.

Activate the detector and make sure the correct zone on the RL8 opens.

BTW there are only 4 useable "zones" on an MCT308/RL-8 the last 4 are for tamper and other faults.

Logic, start from one end. I agree really everything should work if you haven't removed anything and the MCT308 is enrolled correctly.

Thanks for all you help everyone - smoke detaector now enrolled and activating as a 24 hr sensor on the 595. The only thing I have noticed is that the tamper for the smoke detector does not register when the detector is opened or remopved from it's bracket. the tampers are functional as I tried them to enrol them to the MCR 308. It would appear that the Tamper is hitting the MCR 308 (light flashs on both the detector and the MCR307) but nothing happens on the main 595? Could it be something in the programing I am missing or is it meant to be like this. Doesnt overly concern me as the detector is working - just niggles that it may not ne "working correctly".

Any ideas?

Mike

As per sixwheeledbeast, this receiver has a "global" tamper circuit for all enrolled devices. Looking at the instructions, it's relay 5 that should open when you trigger the tamper on the detector and close when the tamper is clear. This needs to go in series with the global tamper loop in the panel, or to a spare zone programmed as 24 hour.

Trade Member

As per sixwheeledbeast, this receiver has a "global" tamper circuit for all enrolled devices. Looking at the instructions, it's relay 5 that should open when you trigger the tamper on the detector and close when the tamper is clear. This needs to go in series with the global tamper loop in the panel, or to a spare zone programmed as 24 hour.

Many thanks Antinode - so to get it straight in my head  - I notice on Figure 4 on the RL8 instructions that the Tamper goes from "Tamp" on the MCR 308 to "IN-5" on the RL8. As it has gone to "IN-5" do I have to run a wire from "Out-5" to the 595 global tamper/tamper zone? At the moment there is no other wires going to the 595 except for the two out puts ("out-1" and "Out-2") and the red/black wires. Thanks Mike

Archived