Security Installer Community

Alarm Advice Please

slovenly

As would you do if you were responding to an arc call. You are confusing the issue of alarm dispatch time and response time to a keyholder. Your system provides no speed increase to that of a proper arc and arc monitoring costs nowhere near £40 for grade 4 monitoring.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

As would you do if you were responding to an arc call. You are confusing the issue of alarm dispatch time and response time to a keyholder. Your system provides no speed increase to that of a proper arc and arc monitoring costs nowhere near £40 for grade 4 monitoring.

I was talking about the system and monitoring contract on the system that was getting a response time of 3hrs from the *** alarm company.  The speed of IP based comm's is instant, so response times are moot.

I know that you said your ARC would provide a grade 4 equipment £240 over 2yrs contract for self monitoring with unlimited SMS/Email & Operator assisted keyholder contact which is pretty decent.   In fact, if any of my customers want 30 second polling opposed to 1hr on their self monitoring, I would probably point them in your direction.  Are you handling accounts outside the UK yet ?

I agree alarm response is an issue. Police not so interested due to false alarms and continued lack of resource and keyholding companies have no rights to whack blue lights on or drive like Schumacher. Difficult one as most people now assume all alarms are false and respond accordingly hence my new love affair with video verified alarms.

We don't currently monitor outside the uk but would do if asked as MAS can deal with language translation. You get many outside the uk asking?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

12% of current customer sites are currently outside the UK.   Polling is new to the current platform, so many are just starting to realise the capability.  I think that any who want the grade 4 comms would probably step up to a professionally installed and maintained system.

I think video verified is great, but don't like the idea of cameras internal to domestics. It opens up a whole new avenue of privacy issues.

I was thinking more of the internals if someone manages to hack past the standard protocols / features offered.  I still stick a bit of tape over the camera on my iMac as nothing is 100% secure. Not that I'm doing anything inappropriate on it mind you :)

Archived