Security Installer Community

Honeywell Keyprox Mk7 - Back Light Control

binney

Hello,

After getting such a quick helpful response to my last question I thought I'd try another....

I have a Honeywell Keyprox mk7 connected to a Galaxy G2-20 panel, the keyprox is working well for programming, setting and unsetting etc.

As far as I can tell the display back light is always on, does anybody know if can be configured to automatically switch off when the alarm is dormant?  Or are there any other ways the back light can be configured/controlled?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Keypad controls are controlled in menu 58 however on a G2 the only thing you can control is the groups whereas on a GD you have more flexibility where you can control what the A & B key does, Buzzer mimic, Backlighting (which to get your desired outcome above is option 4), Keypad mute, Status, Groups

G2 is the baby panel and as such only has limited functionality

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Thanks Matthew.

To a DIYer like myself the G2 appears to have lots of flexibility and options, the GD must be a beast!  It is a shame about the back light control though, it would have been nice.

Thanks again for the help.

I understand and the g2 compared to the DIY usual panel of choice has huge flexibility and t its price well worth the extra money. I maybe sometimes do it as a dis service as when I first started in this game it was the big panel I used so when baby panel comes out with 1/2 the features I always look at it as a basic alternative, that said we have a few g2s out there and all tick along nicely.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived