Security Installer Community

Any Recommendation On Power Supply?

Cctv2295

I have used over 100 of these, Never had a single one go faulty.

The only thing I don't like is the 20 port 18Amp, The cooling fans are quite noisy in them... So we install a couple of the 10A 9 Port, side by side instead

Also don't like the side entry IEC connector, I hard wire them direct to the spurs instead, but are a very stable output on them

Some years back, System Q sold one with two pcb's in, looks very sumular to the ADSTA unit, trouble was if you used both pcb's ti feed csnsras, the shields caused a short.

Bit daft oversight, as they were specificly designed for CCTv .

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Psu : Haydon or dantec . I haven't had any problems .

PTZ - I used the Mini PTZ 700 TVL cameras from ebay. They have around one year now and no problems . I don't know how long they will last if you are going to move them few hours every day , but for a domestic use I would use them any time -  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Effio-E-700TVL-5mm-60mm-Lens-Outdoor-Dome-12x-Zoom-PTZ-CCTV-Security-Camera-/271095388786?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item3f1e8b5a72

DVR - For a decent price but very good recorder, I would recommend Hikvision . I am using them for a few years now and everything is working very well . Android and Iphone aps are great and they are working on every OS version. You can control your PTZ camera from the smartphone app, listen in ( need microphone connected to DVR ) , start a 2 way conversation  ( need microphone , amplifier and speaker connected to DVR ) , or control the built in relays . It also has built in inputs where you can schedule a door monitor , and get an email when the door was opened . Using the PC The DVR can be accessed from any browser ( chrome, firefox, IE ) and even from MAC, installing the software. 

Adjustable Wall Mounting Bracket for DVRs NVRs Routers Receivers Switches -> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284306773400

• 2 weeks later...

Psu : Haydon or dantec . I haven't had any problems .

PTZ - I used the Mini PTZ 700 TVL cameras from ebay. They have around one year now and no problems . I don't know how long they will last if you are going to move them few hours every day , but for a domestic use I would use them any time -  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Effio-E-700TVL-5mm-60mm-Lens-Outdoor-Dome-12x-Zoom-PTZ-CCTV-Security-Camera-/271095388786?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item3f1e8b5a72

DVR - For a decent price but very good recorder, I would recommend Hikvision . I am using them for a few years now and everything is working very well . Android and Iphone aps are great and they are working on every OS version. You can control your PTZ camera from the smartphone app, listen in ( need microphone connected to DVR ) , start a 2 way conversation  ( need microphone , amplifier and speaker connected to DVR ) , or control the built in relays . It also has built in inputs where you can schedule a door monitor , and get an email when the door was opened . Using the PC The DVR can be accessed from any browser ( chrome, firefox, IE ) and even from MAC, installing the software. 

Thanks for that, that is alot of help:). Can you send me a link to the dvr please, just so i no what to buy? cheers 

The pan speed on the ptz is quite slow - I suppose no problems if you don't use the thing much, but once you put a proper keyboard onto it, and use it to follow things, then it will become quite irritating, quite easily.

I have used many a power supply, from dantech to adata/qvis ones. We are not onto the qvis ones, as they haven't had any failures in over 50 units, some loaded up to the hilt.

Archived