Security Installer Community

Access Control System Advice

icoraycheff

Hi everyone, 

I need an advice on access control system please. We have a client with multiple sites and thousands of cards issued. They require access control system with about 40 card and 2 bio metrical readers for a new site but would like to use the cards of the existing system. The existing system uses legic advant ATC 2048 cards, with its full encryption path. Appreciate your advice. 

Hi Cubit, thanks for your post, 

It is not as easy as it sounds, the client is not happy with the existing vendor support, and I am not authorized to use the existing vendor system, hence trying to such complicated thing. appreciate your advice  

OK

What is the current system they use?

Also, what readers do they currently use? What format do they give out?

C&D

Weigand 26,32,35 etc

Also, what format is the card number. is it standard 8-10 digit, that sort of thing

Hi Cubit, the current system is kaba exos 9300. the readers are LA-PG, controller iDML-2. I believe is 8 digit  

Hmm

Seems they work on legic and mifare.

I'll take a put and say they are using a card number embedded in one of the sectors. If this is the case you may have a problem if the customer does not control the sector keys, and you'd be surprised how many don't.

Without the sector A/B keys you ain't gonna get very far if that is indeed what they use.

You could be lucky and find they just use the bog standard card chip serial number but i very much doubt it.

You need to get all this info.

Hi Cubit, 

do you think a collaboration with some one using the legic advant technology would solve the case? Obviously Kaba would not tell me what they use in their system. I do not want to interfere with their system by all means. There are lots of companies adapting the legic advant technology. I only want to use the existing cards and program them into new system and provide this high level of security.  

Im guessing he has mifare cards which will work on a wide range of networked access control.

Im assuming they want to install different kit with existing cards.

Icoraycheff were you hoping to get names card no ect from the existing database and transfer into you proposed new system? Or re- enrolling all the cards on new and start a fresh?

Archived