Security Installer Community

I am Trapped HELP !!!!!

Guest cctvman

Guest MSI New York

I had a customer once who semed normal enough until we discussed the PIRs. She did not want us to use pet-immune PIRs. Why?

Because the elves kept breaking into her house, she explained.

:whistle:

Okay, I said, how large are these elves? Because your standard urban elf is larger than the wood-elves most people are familiar with, and these pet immune PIRs only work for pets under 50 pounds (22.7 kilos) (she had a small dog and I didn't want to in install a non-immune PIR).

So we do the install, and the woman happily pays us. As we were leaving, she told us that most other alarm installers were quite rude to her, not returning her calls.

And my young apprentice said "maybe they were allergic to elves and didn't want to get bitten".

Update to the woman and the camera detector ..........

Went otu there on friday, pulls up in the van gets out walks upp to the door, woman acroos the street comes out and puts stuff in her bin weird. Client is demented, i thought she was going to burst into tears as she tells me the whole story. Most of it is the normal neighbourly dispute over footballs etc threats have been flying (my dads bigger than your dad etc) and other neighbours have taken sides.

I explained i didnt think there was such a thing as a camera detector but i would have a look at the neighbouring houses, of course i didnt find nothing. She told me about strange yellow dots on her conservatory window, only on one pane of glass and could they be cameras lights.

Im very very sympathetic, for me anyway, i would have told the wife she was being a nutter if she come out with this tale.

I explain what i can do to help her keep her diary of all the events using cameras.

We are now talking about 3 cameras on her bungalow one covert at the front door and two IR bullet cameras around the side and back garden, DVR and monitor.:yes:

Then she tells me the house is up for sale, :hmm:

Archived