Security Installer Community

Reset Scantronic 9651

Reset

I have recently fitted a Scantronic 9651 panel and 9943 keypad. All was working OK, but I needed to open the panel to install and programme a dialer. Obviously the alarm triggered upon opening the panel. Upon closing the panel lid, I tried to set the alarm, but the keypad displays 1 fault, and proceeding further it alerts me to lid tamper and subsequently call installer. I have attempted to undertake an engineers reset many times as per the installation booklet be I have been unable to do this as it says that the display shows the alarm condition - Iam sure its me being thick, but I can't show alarm condition, then enter the installer mode. I can enter the installer mode from the time/date screen, but this does not clear the fault. I can clear the fault by opening the panel and shorting the NVM and kick start pins, but of course all the previous input data is lost so I have to reprogramme the whole thing again.

I'm clearly missing a proceedure, and will be really greatful if someone can guide me through resetting the fault (the installation manual won't take much more flicking through the pages as its starting to look frail around the edges now.

Many thanks in anticipation of help.

Hi  sjsturner, many thanks for your prompt reply. Yes all the tamper switches are closed and the display is showing tamper lid fault, inactive.

After installing the dialler, I shorted the NVM  and quick start pins and all was working fine: However not satisfied that this was the only way of clearing the fault, I removed the lid again to re-create  the fault. The dialler phoned my mobile to alert me, but once again I cannot clear the fault via the keypad

Put it in walk test mode (enter eng then key 97) and try the lid tamper again... and again and again as many time as you like. Might also be the flying lead plug to board rather than the microswitch itself. Wiggle this with the switch held down. Also the soldering to the microswitch can be flimsy.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Many thanks datadiffsion. I've just tried your suggestion of testing the contacts within Installer mode. The lid tamper switch seems to operate correctly with the keypad bleeping every time I remove the lid. The microswitch connections appears OK.

After such an event you'd have to enter a master user code (if you've just got one its that one!) then enter installer, then 99 to exit. At this point it won't let you exit if there is a fault of this nature. Are you saying it is letting you exit but alarming later?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

After such an event you'd have to enter a master user code (if you've just got one its that one!) then enter installer, then 99 to exit. At this point it won't let you exit if there is a fault of this nature. Are you saying it is letting you exit but alarming later?

Just got back in!

I believe from his first post he was in and out of eng but didnt clear the fault, but doing a default cleared it?

Why i questioned active tampers.

I've only got one user code, and I've used this.

upon entering the user code, I see a keyboard screen saying 1 problem  set? The only key that the keyboard then accepts is the tick. The screen shows lid tamper  inactive  next. Again the only key available is tick with the result of the next screen displaying call installer. I've tried on each screen to go into installer mode, but it won't respond to this. If I clear the screen at this point by pressing the cross, I go to the date/time screen from which I can go into installer mode, but leaving this mode does not clear the fault (it prompts checking bus, then exit eng?

I'm sure it's me missing an action, but I don't know where I'm going wrong - it'll turning me demented and to drink!

Just got back in!

I believe from his first post he was in and out of eng but didnt clear the fault, but doing a default cleared it?

Why i questioned active tampers.

No I agree but just wanted to make sure...

Archived