Security Installer Community

Customers and Contracts

Guest dale

I have always had an unwritten agreement with customers that if there is a fault with the system they can call me and I will be fairly quick to respond. 99% of my customers have been very happy with this, as there is nearly allways someone around who can go and fix faults fairly quickly.

Im thinking though that I should have a written contract or terms and conditions as some customers have been taking the piss recently, especially ones who dont buy maintenance contracts but because they know a member of your family think they are entitled to preferential treatment, especially regarding callouts!

Anyone got any ideas on what to include in customer contracts? Does anyone else use em?

D

Guest simmo

Dale,

I encountered this early on, and now get customers to sign a form upon completion of the job. This clearly list the items covered under warranty etc. It also gives a written record of the install date and also protects from allegations later on about damage etc. I always walk the customer around the entire job prior to signing.

As for the maintenance agreement again basic points such as what is and isn't covered, current costs and normally a load of terms and conditions at the end stating stuff like access to the premises etc.

I now charge the same price for everybody I found that some friends take the piss, this way if they get a problem they get exactly the same treatment as a normal customer because they have paid the same for it.

If you want I'll email you some of my sheets so you can have a look. I'm not saying they will be perfect, every company will have their own ideas about what constitutes a good maintenance contract but at least it gives you an idea.

Let me know if you want the maintenance sheet.

cheers

Simmo B)

If you could send me some examples of your sheets it would be useful, im currently guessing as to what I should stick on my contract and terms and conditions.

I might ask my mate the lawyer to make sure its legally binding before starting to use one just in case I ever get an arsehole customer! I will let you know what he says.

Dale

Guest Adrian

B) Hi simmo

It would be realy good if you could send me a copy as well I,m starting to face the same problems and would like to nip it in the bud before it gets to bad.

many thanks

Adrian B)

Guest kenny james

:D hi simmo, is,nt it strange how when you offer something for free everybody jumps the bandwagon,could you send me a copy of your maintenance sheet too!!

it maybe considered that you should start to copyright it (only want to use it for ideas)thanks very much appreciated

Our boss uses a 4 tier system of cover levels, the customer can then decide which degree of cover they want.

Level 1: Service only (Any callouts and Parts are chargeable)

Level 2: Service and Daytime Callouts (Labour Only)

Level 3: Service and Daytime Callouts (All Parts Included)

Level 4: Service and Full Cover (24hr Callouts and all Parts)

Seems to work out ok, most customers opting for Level 3 or 4 cover.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kenny james

:lol: thanks simmo did receive your e-mail,appreciation to dave for explaining to me how to retrieve my attachments again!!,i downloaded the outlook express 6 and the thing blocked all my attachments people were sending me so i could,nt open them,got to now find out how to get you unblocked now because i accidentally have put you on a block so your e-mails to me go straight to my deleted items box.

why arent computers as simple and straight forward as alarm systems?

:(

:rolleyes: LOL Kenny, open outlook and click on tools, then click on Message Rules - Blocked Senders List.

A list of any blocked email addresses will appear, highlight any you want un-blocked and click the "Remove" button.

Hey Presto :)

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived