Security Installer Community

System upgrade, which panel

Guest MadSi

Hi peeps,

I'm new here and am looking for advice on upgrading the Concept 6 system I installed some 11 yrs ago now. It's started to generate false alarms so i've decided the best thing is to rip out the old and replace with a new system.

Therin lies the problem, i've been out of the industry for over 8 yrs now that i've not kept up with the latest trends and techniques for modern alarm systems.

Searching this forum, a couple of panels seem quite popular: Sterling 10 & ADE accenta 8 - any others I should be looking at?

These are my requirements:

1/ Min of 6 zones

2/ remote keypad

3/ would be nice to add on a dialer to call a predetermined number i.e. my mobile on alarm activation - is the facility nowdays avail for these diallers to also indicate the nature of the fault when the call is made?

4/ Failing item 3, can any of the systems be interfaced with a web facing pc so I can check status remotely over the net?

5/ All the normal requirements :wacko:

I'm also happy to replace the sensors which currently conprise PIR, Vibration sensors on windows (tempermental gits they are too!) & door contacts - Got three cats on the prowl so don't really trust PIR's anymore. Anything you can suggest is appreciated - currently the cabling is all 6 core, again may be worthwhile just replacing the lot as well.

I'll be fitting it myself but thats no big deal, just need a solid, reliable and easy to install system :)

cheers

Si

Guest gazza_rog

Saw a couple of nice Scantronic 9651's on ebay for about 45 quid. blank end station and rkp (lcd). thats a bargain, and i've installed a few similar and never had any problems.

I'd go with the accenta G3 from ADE, bomb proof panel, fitting up to 20 per week...

Whatever you choose to fit, default the panel settings before programming....

I'd also avoid the low end gardtecs (personal preference)

but if you wanted full text and keyprox setting try a Galant from Honeywell(Ademco Microtech) the keypads are still a bit square shaped for my liking but they are a nice panel, again we fit loads...

James

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Archived