Security Installer Community

Monitoring Risers

Guest active1

Guest active1

I would appreciate any help possible on this slightly unusual request from one of my larger clients.

In 2 of his buildings (which he owns) he wishes to be able to monitor his risers from any tampering. He regulary has his offices swept for 'tap' equipment, and he is not concerned about the phone lines before entering the buildings .

One of his main concerns is the risers running thru other offices within the building and below some of his.

Does anyone know of any equipment that can show unauthorized tampering on a 24hr basis. Can it document any temp breaks in the circuit? for example. Can such a break be sent to a monitoring station?

Thanks for reading the above, and hopefully for any assistance you can offer.

Steven

I think the simple answer to this is probably NO!

You will be hard pressed to find a supplier of such equipment in this country.

Try it yourself, do a UK only search on google for telephone line monitoring equipment.

On top of that i suspect he has a darn sight more than just 1 phone line......................... :w00t:

he could get direct lines in,but that would cost £££££££££££££££ i have a customer who has eleven into his building they detect a break at the exchange,+its just as easy if not easier to tap a line from outside....

Archived