Security Installer Community

Universal Cctv Cms

Most software applications that integrate several CCTV platforms tend to perform only as well as the quality of the APK / API made available from the vendors.

In many cases this means low quality and lacking in capabilities.

Immix commonly uses email as a delivery mechanism which is a poor choice for alarm presentation however for live viewing / playback and archiving it may well suit your needs where the integration supports those features.

Check, check and check again.  Many platforms state that certain brands are supported, often it is only certain models and then only certain capabilities are supported.  For each brand and model you use ask each potential software supplier to confirm which features are supported.

Integration can be difficult with many DVR suppliers using....interesting ways of coding...   So I can understand some of the struggles involved, but there are some great integrators out there.  It is just a question of finding what works for you.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Hi IDMSS is just for phones, and I have DVR's which support and it ia good piece of soFtware but unfortunately not for PC. 

@ Joe Harris, have you got a couple of other names apart from Immix? 

@ Ianmb - We mainly use the integration built into our alarm handling software platform so we have not really looked elsewhere in any depth.

Still, IFSEC is coming up so I would recommend heading along to get your hands on some of the platforms directly and ask the questions you need to.

Take a list of the DVR makes and models you want to be able to support and what capabilities are a must (for example exported recording have a player burnt to disc or not?),,,

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Thanks Joe for your help. Unfortunately I will not be able to make to IFSEC this year (I am from Malta) but will surely continue to research online. 

Archived